Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Dear Human Mommy

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:02 PM
  • 21 Replies
2 moms liked this

I think I should be able to chew on anything and every thing I want. I like the way your hand feels in my mouth. Why do you keep trying to teach me otherwise? As long as we are on the subject of chewing, why can't I eat shoes and furniture legs? They smell so good. I guess you don't smell what I smell. Is something wrong with your nose? 

I love sleeping in the day time because y'all are all busy around me. It's so comforting.  I do not like sleeping at night, it's too quiet. I want to play. I think you shouldn't mind playing with me at that mysterious thing you call 3 a.m. After all I am cute, you said so.

I like it when you say good boy.  I will try to hear it more often.  

I do miss my fur mommy and fur brothers but you cuddle with pretty good.  You also smell different. I think I like it.  Thank you for wrapping me in blankets. That nice lady I lived with for a while did that too. Although I am glad you don't put those stinky things in your mouth that makes smoke in the air. I didn't like those. I can breathe good in your house.  I smell more things too because those stinky sticks are gone.

Why can't I play outside? Who is this "vet" person that dared say I can't until I get my "shots"? Speaking of shots, I really am not sure that sounds like fun from hearing you talk about it. Can we re-negotiate?

I am liking it here but you have a lot to learn about what I like and don't like. Mostly if you'd just let me have my way, it would help. For some reason you don't think that is a good idea.

Love Sammy, your new puppy.

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SpiritedWitch
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:38 PM

That's cute. 

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Funny.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:37 PM

Thanks...LOL. 

LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:32 AM
Awe :) I feel like some of that could have been written by my 6 month-old lol
Thelmama
by Thelma on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:34 AM

LOL, I used to write these from my children's perspective when they were babies. I had a blog back then and it was fun.  I figured I would resurrect the habit. LOL.

Puppies, babies and toddlers have a lot in common. LOL.

I don't think I will ever sleep in again. LOL He is up and ready to rock and roll by 5:30 a.m.  LOL.  What have I done?  LOL

Quoting LeapBaby123: Awe :) I feel like some of that could have been written by my 6 month-old lol

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jul. 24, 2014 at 1:06 PM

You ought to have seen his face when they put the themoter in...oh my his eyes got huge and he got an expression on his face like WHAT THE HECK did you just do. LMBO.  He did good though Poor baby was such a good boy to be poked, prodded and probed.  He probably thought he'd been taken to the mother ship for probing.  LOL.  He is sleeping now, his appointment wore him out. He weighs 8 lbs and is healthy. He has no worms but they gave him his second dose of meds for that and his first round of puppy shots.  He can get out and about 2 weeks afte his second round the vet said today.  He was such a brave boy.

cc5112
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:38 PM

lol! Congrats on your new fur baby, momma! :)

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:53 PM

Thank you. He is our first fur baby as a family. I had a few growing up, dh had a couple but we have never had one ourselves.  

Quoting cc5112:

lol! Congrats on your new fur baby, momma! :)

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Jul. 24, 2014 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I thought it was for a minute!

Quoting LeapBaby123: Awe :) I feel like some of that could have been written by my 6 month-old lol

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

FrankMamma
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 10:33 PM

Adorable! I'm glad he's doing well. We moved once and dh could not remember his address for h.r. so he finally asked me to write it down so they would quit nagging him. I wrote it from a Mommy's perspective, as though he were a little boy starting with; Dear Human Resources Lady....well, dh didn't read it first but just turned it in, they thought it was hysterical!

As far as Sammy chewing on things he shouldn't, when our puppy did that our trainer told us to not use any chew toys made of real leather, etc. To buy the nylabones, etc. for him. You may want to try that. Good luck and keep us posted. Don't forget the pix!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN