Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

I will get through this.........

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:21 AM
  • 21 Replies

Puppy stage with Sammy. I swear my newborns were easier and they didn't have teeth to bite with. LMBO.

I swear he wakes up every two hours and needs cuddles, potty and convinced that it is not play time.  LOL.

He is sweet and a good puppy. Smart, smart smart.  But man he must have his days and nights mixed up, although I read baby labs sleep a LOT and also when they are awake they play hard. LOL. That is proving true.  

We are loving having him, just can't wait until we get him trained some more. He is doing better. He is learning give kisses. When he starts to nibble us, we say no..give kisses and we praise him for it. He is beginning to learn. But those teeth are SHARP.  My youngest keeps a wide berth if he is in a nippy mood.  LOL. She loves him, just not his teeth.  

He also is beginning to learn to fetch the ball, which is to cute. He is a bit clutzy with his puppy feet and falls over himself when running. It is hilarious. He hops like a bunny sometimes too.  This tickles the kids to no end.

So we are making progress....I am just sleep deprived.  LOL

oh and I think he is a little cross eyed. I am going to ask the vet next time we go.

by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:47 PM
He's cute. :)
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Yes! I remember the puppy stages. Newborns are easier,lol.

FrankMamma
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

You're right about 2 things: you will get through it, and newborns are easier. He's grown since your last pix. , you're learning from each other and your also trying to please each other and make him happy. He'll make it, puppy Mamma

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jul. 28, 2014 at 1:11 PM

I remember those days.  Good Luck

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jul. 28, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Thanks y'all. He is so full of personality. He is very outgoing, just like our whole family.  Little smarty pants sounds like he is saying "uh uh" sometimes when I tell him lay down and be quiet". LOL LOL LOL LOL

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jul. 28, 2014 at 3:16 PM
When we got Jersey, he was a nipper too. If our hands, etc ended up in his mouth and he bit down, we'd say "Ow, ow, ow.", until he let up enough. I read somewhere to not say " No!" to a Lab. They don't respond to that. We've never used "No" on Jersey. He listens very well, even with the Boxer in him.
alexgia
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:18 PM

i heard that labs stay in that puppy stage far longer than most breeds.  my son's sure did.  he is very cute.

KeepOnTryin
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this
He is too cute! :D
Thelmama
by Thelma on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:41 PM

LOL, I think I was hoodwinked. I showed my husband the puppy pictures and his said let's go look. I found out later that it was a lab/beagle mix. I found out my dh has always wanted a lab. He knew, I see this guy, I was hooked. LOL. Thank you.  He is sweet even if a bit like a baby bull in a china shop.  LOL. We adore him already.

Quoting alexgia:

i heard that labs stay in that puppy stage far longer than most breeds.  my son's sure did.  he is very cute.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Thanks, we will try that.

Quoting Kmakksmom: When we got Jersey, he was a nipper too. If our hands, etc ended up in his mouth and he bit down, we'd say "Ow, ow, ow.", until he let up enough. I read somewhere to not say " No!" to a Lab. They don't respond to that. We've never used "No" on Jersey. He listens very well, even with the Boxer in him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN