Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Preschool woes :(

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 4:59 PM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this
I just found out today our preschool is closing. They are leaps and bounds above everywhere else. I talked to several other schools today and toured one that made me want to cry. People speak highly of it, and I don't see it.

I'm a preschool snob I guess.
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Thelmama
by Thelma on Jul. 31, 2014 at 5:33 PM

The heart wants what the heart wants..:)

You had a good preschool. I don't blame you for wanting others to measure up.

LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Jul. 31, 2014 at 6:34 PM
Bummer :( It's hard to settle for something not as good as what you had before.
mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 10:08 PM

I hope you can find one you like. Good luck!

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jul. 31, 2014 at 11:05 PM

It's hard to find one, when you're forced to, because all you want is the one that you can't have. 

I hope you find one. Can you observe for a period of time? Sometimes a great gift can come wrapped in a brown paper bag..kwim?

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Aug. 1, 2014 at 3:38 PM
No. They aren't in session and they are filling up fast. And there's 75 plus kids looking for somewhere. Less than a month before school starts. I looked at a place yesterday, I almost walked out as soon as I walked in. I like clean.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

It's hard to find one, when you're forced to, because all you want is the one that you can't have. 

I hope you find one. Can you observe for a period of time? Sometimes a great gift can come wrapped in a brown paper bag..kwim?

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Aug. 1, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Sorry, that sucks.

Quoting Noni2319: No. They aren't in session and they are filling up fast. And there's 75 plus kids looking for somewhere. Less than a month before school starts. I looked at a place yesterday, I almost walked out as soon as I walked in. I like clean.
Quoting 143myboys9496:

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Aug. 2, 2014 at 12:20 AM

I hope you find one you like

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 12:53 AM

That stinks. When we love the daycare our child goes to nothing else will measure up

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Aug. 2, 2014 at 9:35 PM
I hope you find one you like.
FrankMamma
by Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Hope you find one you like and can work with the staff. Once you've had a perfect one it's hard to ever find something that's going to measure up. Don't lower your standards where your kids are concerned, but maybe stop comparing other schools to your old one and consider your childrens needs and what will work for you as a family, use that as a comparison. Good Luck. Personally, I changed pre-schools about 4 times, so.....we won't even get into those horror stories.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN