Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

OUCH! OUCH! OUCH!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 11:32 PM
  • 21 Replies

Today I painted the porch...it's about 12x16 (or 17?). Dh and I were going to do it together, but he had to go to a meeting. So I ended up doing it alone. 

My WHOLE body hurts. My hands are like claws if I stop moving them..which is why I'm typing. My neck hurts, my rear end, my thighs..front AND back. Even my feet! 

Not to mention parts of my back hurt from a sunburn. 

oh and did I mention my shoulders, and arms? 

Funniest part? Somehow I got paint on the bottom of my feet. When I was scrubbing the bottoms of my feet, I was actually tickliny my own feet!

I'm such a goof. 

Advil anyone?

by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 5:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like a nice hot soak is in your future!

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Aug. 1, 2014 at 9:39 AM

It was the nicest shower I've taken in a long time.

I'm not really a bath person.

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

Sounds like a nice hot soak is in your future!

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Aug. 1, 2014 at 1:38 PM

Thank you for the feature!

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Aug. 1, 2014 at 4:50 PM

I'm not much for baths either, but it sounds like a nice hot bath would be good.

Kace323
by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Wahoo?  Is it that tiring?

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Aug. 1, 2014 at 5:01 PM

I will say, taking one crossed my mind.

Quoting Noni2319:

I'm not much for baths either, but it sounds like a nice hot bath would be good.

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Aug. 1, 2014 at 5:03 PM

It was. The roller didn't work so well, it left a textured surface that I didn't want. So I ended up going over it with the brush. We used Behr Deckover. It's super thick. It took me 3-3 1/2 hours to do the back porch. (this is screened in, the rest of the deck is uncovered)

This morning dh and I did a set of stairs coming from the back door. Monday or Tuesday (weather permitting) I want to do the steps going into the screened porch from the deck.

Quoting Kace323:

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Aug. 1, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I tried to post pics to the OP, but mobile wouldn't let he edit it. This is what I did yesterday. I did the railings, just not the spindles.
Kace323
by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, rollers really only do well on flat walls.  Most cases a brush is always better or it looks icky. 

Quoting 143myboys9496:

It was. The roller didn't work so well, it left a textured surface that I didn't want. So I ended up going over it with the brush. We used Behr Deckover. It's super thick. It took me 3-3 1/2 hours to do the back porch. (this is screened in, the rest of the deck is uncovered)

This morning dh and I did a set of stairs coming from the back door. Monday or Tuesday (weather permitting) I want to do the steps going into the screened porch from the deck.

Quoting Kace323:

mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 7:50 PM

oooh I love your porch!

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I tried to post pics to the OP, but mobile wouldn't let he edit it. This is what I did yesterday. I did the railings, just not the spindles.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN