Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

It's Not a Community Trampoline

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 8:25 PM
  • 186 Replies

I am about tired of the kids that think it is.

There was a little boy about 5 yrs old that started coming around and threw a rake on the trampoline and put a hole in it and then he started putting his fingers in it trying to make the hole bigger.  He tries running after my kids with sticks and hitting them with it.  Spat on my kids.  Pushed them off their own trampoline.  So many other things.  I told the kid that he is not allowed in my yard anymore.  His sister and cousin keep coming over just to play on it.  They will get on it without us being home.  The sister and cousin don't even play with my kids. And of course when they come over the little boy follows.  He will stay at the street and watch now though which is annoying.

One of my rules is if my kids are not out there playing no one is allowed on it.  I need to find out where they live so I can talk to their parents.  This beyond ridiculous

ok vent over

by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:40 PM
8 moms liked this
I truly don't like disrespectful kids. We've raised ours to be very respectful in every situation. I just want to throw my hands up in frustration when I see kids disrespecting others' things (and disrespecting other people too.)
Thelmama
by Thelma on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:57 PM
2 moms liked this

That stinks. We have a kid in our neighborhood that will come over and ask "Can I see what you have in your pantry and get a snack". Uh NO, go home and get a snack. His mother has punished him for this behavior but he doesn't care.  His grandmother lives in the same neighborhood and lets him have free reign of her pantry and I think it undoes what the mom is trying to do. He has even asked can I come in your house and look around??? What?  I will give kids a snack when they are playing at my house, if and when it is snack time, but I am not a free pantry to get what you want.  I have even given the kids in the yard something and he will go "I don't like this, I want something else do you have____" I say no, this is what I have, either it is this or nothing.  He NEVER says thank you.

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:10 AM
3 moms liked this
That is so annoying. Ask around and see where they live. Sounds like you'll have to try to talk to the parents .
ACC1984
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like my old neighbors kids...but there were 5 of them! If I didn't keep my doors locked, they would walk right in and tell for my son. They would jump on the trampoline, take my son's bike, scooter, nerf guns, climb our fence and taunt my dogs. Another family moved in on the other side of them and one of the demon kids hit one of the new kids with a rake. Long story short, their dad confronted the demon's dad..who pulled a gun. Shots were fired but no one was seriously hurt. Classy I tell ya haha. I'm so thankful they all moved!
cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:15 AM
3 moms liked this

That's really rude and shows a lack of parenting, imo. Why do these kids think it's ok to just go on someone else's property? And why do they think it's ok to destroy other people's things. Trampolines are expensive and god forbid one of them gets hurt while playing and you're not home.

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:16 AM

That's scary! Dad's reaction explains exactly why the kids behave the way they do.  

Quoting ACC1984: Sounds like my old neighbors kids...but there were 5 of them! If I didn't keep my doors locked, they would walk right in and tell for my son. They would jump on the trampoline, take my son's bike, scooter, nerf guns, climb our fence and taunt my dogs. Another family moved in on the other side of them and one of the demon kids hit one of the new kids with a rake. Long story short, their dad confronted the demon's dad..who pulled a gun. Shots were fired but no one was seriously hurt. Classy I tell ya haha. I'm so thankful they all moved!

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this

It definitely sounds like grandma is undoing what mom is trying to teach. My rule is no one goes in my kitchen without permission and they must ask before taking something.

Quoting Thelmama:

That stinks. We have a kid in our neighborhood that will come over and ask "Can I see what you have in your pantry and get a snack". Uh NO, go home and get a snack. His mother has punished him for this behavior but he doesn't care.  His grandmother lives in the same neighborhood and lets him have free reign of her pantry and I think it undoes what the mom is trying to do. He has even asked can I come in your house and look around??? What?  I will give kids a snack when they are playing at my house, if and when it is snack time, but I am not a free pantry to get what you want.  I have even given the kids in the yard something and he will go "I don't like this, I want something else do you have____" I say no, this is what I have, either it is this or nothing.  He NEVER says thank you.

mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 5:55 AM
9 moms liked this

You better check your homeowners insurance and see what their stand on trampolines is. 

My friend had to either get rid of hers or fence in her yard. The reason was because there were kids living with in a certain distance to her home.

She got rid of the trampoline.

ACC1984
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:40 AM
My DH had to go over and talk to them a few times about their kids. It only got better when they found out my DH was training to become police officer. He said he was glad the dad never decided to pull a gun on him!

Quoting cjsmom1:

That's scary! Dad's reaction explains exactly why the kids behave the way they do.  

Quoting ACC1984: Sounds like my old neighbors kids...but there were 5 of them! If I didn't keep my doors locked, they would walk right in and tell for my son. They would jump on the trampoline, take my son's bike, scooter, nerf guns, climb our fence and taunt my dogs. Another family moved in on the other side of them and one of the demon kids hit one of the new kids with a rake. Long story short, their dad confronted the demon's dad..who pulled a gun. Shots were fired but no one was seriously hurt. Classy I tell ya haha. I'm so thankful they all moved!

JalynSpoon
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Talk to their parents or whoever is over the children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN