Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Have you ever been in a car accident? **Edited to share news**

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:42 AM
Amy
  • 86 Replies

What happened?  Who's fault was it?  

Update 8/11: So, guess what happened after I posted this on Friday.  Yep, I was involved in an accident.  I was rearended in stop & go (we were stopped) traffic on the highway.  Luckily no injuries in either car.  The poor guy driving the other vehicle was on his way to his wedding!  He was so stressed and all he kept saying was "she's going to be soooo mad!"  LOL

by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DACIA79
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:50 AM
When I was a teenager we were in a moving truck and the tire blew out.

The truck would have gone into incoming traffic if it wasn't for the ditch that we fell in to.

I think that's one of the reasons I don't drive.
SpiritedWitch
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Many and only one was my fault ... I was 18 ... it was late and I was coming home from work, drifted off for a second, drifted off the road, over-corrected and flipped my husband's 1968 Road Runner on her side. Needless to say ... he was NOT happy. 

Tiredmom53
by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Yes I was 18yo drunk driver hit me head on back then it was not a law for seat belts and I went through my windshield and landed on the hood of my car. after several plastic surgeries replacing the chin I lost and getting full upper and lower dentures the guy had no insurance went to court he got his license suspended and that is all.

WillowRose24
by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Last year I had a silver Dodge Neon. I had literally JUST bought it and had it 1 month. I was taking my DH to work and we had to stop to pick my daughter up from school along the way...

Well... I turned my left turn signal on, slowed, and had to come to a stop because there were cars coming in the other lane.

A Chevy truck rear ended me going about 60 mph. I mean she didn't even think about slowing down. She was running late for work, TEXTING her boss, and when she looked up... there I was waiting to turn.

She flung us about 200 feet further than where we were sitting... my trunk was touching the back of my seat, I had NO back seat anymore... If someone would have been in the back, they would have died for sure... Busted every single window, and laid both my and DH's seat all the way back.

Well... after all was said and done, I made sure DH was okay and I looked behind us and noticed she wasn't moving.. So I jump out and run back to her truck to make sure SHE was okay! She didn't even say I'm sorry! Plus her truck was fine and so was she!!! All she said was, " I didn't see you" I said "Uhm... No shit?!"

I wound up with a bad case of whiplash, and a broken rib from the seatbelt. DH messed his back up really badly. Went to the hospital and they gave us Vicodin and sent us home. It sucked. I was SO mad.

Got a new car out of it... and I will NEVER own another Dodge Neon again... They crumble like a tin can!

mamabyrd86
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 2:37 PM
Not really sure if it would be an accident my my brother, exsil, dh and I along with my nephew and dd, who was only 3 months at the time. We were heading back to Oklahoma from Texas and there was construction on the highway and had the big bright orange barrels all over. I guess my exsil didn't see one or something because she ended up clipping the side of one and it sent us fishtailing and into a ditch almost flipping. Not one person stopped to ask if we needed help or see if we were ok. We had smoke coming out from under the hood, which turned out to be nothing major. I got us out the ditch and got us to a gas station and let it cool down. Was fine after a couple hours. Never went on a trip with them again
squeekers
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 2:39 PM
Bff & I drove into a mini mall lot in a rain storm. Hit a patch of oil & spun unto a lamp post in her big car. Our seat belts saved us but the engine block was pushed up to our knees. Someone in one of the stores saw the accident & called 911. The firefighters had to use the jaws of life to pop open the crushed doors.
After a trip to the hospital, I had a concussion& she had stitches where the steering wheel split her nose. Mom didn't let me sleep for hours following Drs orders but trying to stay awake while on pain medicine is difficult.
Btw, this was in 1987 in Escondido, Ca.
AmyRenee1
by New Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Mobile Photo

I had the same thing happen in my dodge neon. I was in traffic and a Tahoe hit me doing 50 and caused me to hit the car in front of me and it totaled all three cars. My boyfriend had a shattered nose and my 8 month old daughter had a broke node, cheek and eye socket.

Quoting WillowRose24:

Last year I had a silver Dodge Neon. I had literally JUST bought it and had it 1 month. I was taking my DH to work and we had to stop to pick my daughter up from school along the way...

Well... I turned my left turn signal on, slowed, and had to come to a stop because there were cars coming in the other lane.

A Chevy truck rear ended me going about 60 mph. I mean she didn't even think about slowing down. She was running late for work, TEXTING her boss, and when she looked up... there I was waiting to turn.

She flung us about 200 feet further than where we were sitting... my trunk was touching the back of my seat, I had NO back seat anymore... If someone would have been in the back, they would have died for sure... Busted every single window, and laid both my and DH's seat all the way back.

Well... after all was said and done, I made sure DH was okay and I looked behind us and noticed she wasn't moving.. So I jump out and run back to her truck to make sure SHE was okay! She didn't even say I'm sorry! Plus her truck was fine and so was she!!! All she said was, " I didn't see you" I said "Uhm... No shit?!"

I wound up with a bad case of whiplash, and a broken rib from the seatbelt. DH messed his back up really badly. Went to the hospital and they gave us Vicodin and sent us home. It sucked. I was SO mad.

Got a new car out of it... and I will NEVER own another Dodge Neon again... They crumble like a tin can!

TheQueenOfChaos
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 2:50 PM

Last march.

She was at fault, she was on her phone. I had a green light and I saw her when I was reaching the second lane of the intersection. She had pulled out and basically gunned the engine so she was doing 40mph by the time she reached the intersection. I had been doing 30 and barely had time to react. With her speed and mine, the only options I had were to attempt to make it across which would have resulted in her big jeep slamming the door of my car, or brake and have her hit the front of my car. I braked and she hit the front. She hit me once in the front, then again in the back as I spun. The second hit sent me flying back across the three lane intersection and I was stopped by a small snow pile on the side of the road. She ended up hitting the stoplight pole so hard she actually took the whole thing out. She nearly hit the building behind it, but the bottom platform of the pole caught something under her jeep forcing it to stop.

Thankfully, aside for some back problems, me and my early pregnant self walked away safely. As did she.

Of course she was uninsured, and has a record of driving and drug infractions a mile long. She tried to blame me until 4 witnesses said otherwise. Then she slipped up and mentioned she was texting at the time and didn't notice the light.

The EMT's and firemen on the scene said I was lucky. That based on the speed and impact I should have been severely injured. I mocked my husband when he wanted to buy that car, because it was tiny and ugly and I swore it would never survive a crash. Well I was most certainly wrong, that little thing was a tank. It completely totaled the outside of the car, but the frame itself was sturdy enough to prevent any major damage from occuring and the curtain airbags prevented the shattered glass from the windows from ever reaching me, though I'm pretty sure my shoulder was what shattered the drivers side window.

Thankfully even though she was uninsured, Geico is awesome and my uninsured motorist coverage paid everything, even my hospital bills.

Serabeth06
by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 2:53 PM

I was in the car for two minor accidents, both caused by my ex-husband who was driving. First time, he was off-road like a moron in my GMC Jimmy and ran into a ditch (the kind they dig to keep morons away from gas pipelines) and we had to get towed out. The second time, he was coming around a corner we called "Whiskey Bend" for all the liquor stores too fast, obviously someone was turning into one of the liquor stores, which is completely ususal for that part of the road, and he couldn't stop in time, so he ran into oncoming traffic and took off a truck's side view mirror. x.x Scary stuff. He then totalled my Jimmy rear-ending someone, and is being sued by that person for $10,000. Luckily, we're divorced and that's not on me, but it is on my insurance. Yay. I've never been driving for a car accident, though.

EireLass
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 3:02 PM
8 years old. Teenagers ran a light and we hit them on the side of their vehicles. No seatbelts back then...head through the windshirld.
12 years old. Hit by a cat while riding my bike. Up and over the car, back full of glass, concussion, internal bleeding.
14 years old. Sister ran into a tree.
In my 30s, me and another car, both going about 5 miles an hour on an icy road, hit each other. No failt for either.
In my 40s, rear ended at a stop light.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN