Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

High dives

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 6:24 PM
  • 13 Replies
I remember when most of the pools used to have a high dive. Now a lot of them are getting rid of diving boards all together.
by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Aug. 8, 2014 at 8:45 PM
I was never a fan of the high dive.
143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I used to just jump straight off, feet first. No dives. I was scared being up that high. lol

Of course they're getting rid of diving boards.....**eye roll** I'm not surprised, in this day and age, there's little to no personal responsibility, and we're practically wrapping our kids in bubble wrap or hazmat suits.

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 1:28 AM

I have never been on a high dive, nor have I been to a pool that has one

Sportbominable
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:46 AM

All our local private swim clubs still have their high dives, medium and low dives. They all have dive and swim teams. 

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:33 PM

I haven't been to a pool in a long time but I used to like doing cannon balls off of them

mamatink7
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:17 PM

yep we had 4 diving boards at our pool-2 one meter diving boards 2 three meter boards and a diving tower (we had olympic divers practicing each summer)

i miss diving boards like that. i actually just went on the website and at end of this season my pool i grew up at is closing :( 

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Aug. 11, 2014 at 4:15 AM
1 mom liked this
That's how I did it too.

I know and it's a shame.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

I used to just jump straight off, feet first. No dives. I was scared being up that high. lol

Of course they're getting rid of diving boards.....**eye roll** I'm not surprised, in this day and age, there's little to no personal responsibility, and we're practically wrapping our kids in bubble wrap or hazmat suits.

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Aug. 11, 2014 at 4:17 AM
That's cool. I like watching people dive. I always jumped off feet first.

Quoting Sportbominable:

All our local private swim clubs still have their high dives, medium and low dives. They all have dive and swim teams. 

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Aug. 11, 2014 at 4:17 AM
My brother and friends did that.

Quoting hayliedlr:

I haven't been to a pool in a long time but I used to like doing cannon balls off of them

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Aug. 11, 2014 at 4:19 AM
That's awesome. I've never been anywhere with a diving platform.

That's a shame. They seem to close everything or make major changes and it's just not as fun now.

Quoting mamatink7:

yep we had 4 diving boards at our pool-2 one meter diving boards 2 three meter boards and a diving tower (we had olympic divers practicing each summer)

i miss diving boards like that. i actually just went on the website and at end of this season my pool i grew up at is closing :( 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)