Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

What would you want to know

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:32 PM
  • 23 Replies

If you got a letter from your child's first preK teacher welcoming them to the class; what would you want to know?

I am going to be teaching a preschool age wee school class 2 days a week. I need to do a welcome letter to my kids and parents. I would like to know some things you would like to know if you were the parent.

by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Great idea!
I would want to know:

~what is your teaching/ age group experience
~what type of communication with parents can they expect?
~ what are some of the themes for the year?
~what general schedule will the kids have each day?
~ do you need volunteers? supplies?
Thelmama
by Thelma on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:41 PM

Thank you those are helpful.  I am getting so excited. We start the 25th and registration is a week from tonight.  

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:45 PM
Youwill have a great year I am sure!!

Quoting Thelmama:

Thank you those are helpful.  I am getting so excited. We start the 25th and registration is a week from tonight.  

Thelmama
by Thelma on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:56 PM

Thanks.  It is a dream come true for me, teaching. I taught preK years ago and then got busy with graduate school, marriage and then children.  I have taught in one form or another since I was 20. I am 46.  It is going to be a great year.

Quoting calsmom62: Youwill have a great year I am sure!!
Quoting Thelmama:

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:00 PM
I last taught prek in the early 90s I loved it too but the $$ was horrible

Quoting Thelmama:

Thanks.  It is a dream come true for me, teaching. I taught preK years ago and then got busy with graduate school, marriage and then children.  I have taught in one form or another since I was 20. I am 46.  It is going to be a great year.

Quoting Thelmama:

Thelmama
by Thelma on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:06 PM

Yeah that's true but since dh has a good job, my part time job will just supplement the household income.

I was in the best shape of my life when I taught preK

Quoting calsmom62: I last taught prek in the early 90s I loved it too but the $$ was horrible
Quoting Thelmama:

Quoting Thelmama:

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this
you are absolutely right about being in shape as a pre k teacher!! up and down and moving all the time!!

Quoting Thelmama:

Yeah that's true but since dh has a good job, my part time job will just supplement the household income.

I was in the best shape of my life when I taught preK

Quoting calsmom62: I last taught prek in the early 90s I loved it too but the $$ was horrible

Quoting Thelmama:

Quoting Thelmama:

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this
These are the things I would like to know too. If you have an open house you can just cover these there for the most part. Our preschool teacher sent the kids a post card welcoming to class. If the parents provide snacks how many kids they should bring it for. That's new for me this year . :( I miss our preschool already and school hasn't even started yet.

Quoting calsmom62: Great idea!
I would want to know:

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I love the post card idea my youngest son's kindergarten teacher did this and she made her own postage stamp with her picture on it, the kids could see what she looked like before they got to school. the kids treasured the postcard..

Quoting Noni2319: These are the things I would like to know too. If you have an open house you can just cover these there for the most part. Our preschool teacher sent the kids a post card welcoming to class. If the parents provide snacks how many kids they should bring it for. That's new for me this year . :( I miss our preschool already and school hasn't even started yet.

Quoting calsmom62: Great idea!
I would want to know:

Thelmama
by Thelma on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:52 PM

Thank you, these are great ideas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)