Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Who feeds a 6 month old hot dogs, pizza, mac & cheese, kool-aid...etc?

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:18 AM
  • 255 Replies
4 moms liked this
This is absolutely maddening to me!! My brother's 21 year old gf feeds her 6 month old (not his child) these things and any other food they eat. Am I out of MY mind thinking THEY are out of their minds for doing this? My youngest is 16 years old now so maybe things have changed?! I can't help but imagine the harm they are doing to this child!
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:26 AM
7 moms liked this
I wouldn't do it. However, her kid her decision.
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:44 AM

I wouldn't do it either.

mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 5:37 AM
11 moms liked this

My boys tasted all of that and more before 6 months, never ate it but they tasted just about everything I ate.

gogohas2babies
by New Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 11:50 AM
4 moms liked this
My youngest was totally eager for a taste of whatever we ate so I let him. My oldest was alittle different he took awhile to get away from the baby food. I'm a firm believer in letting little ones try everything. Maybe not making this a diet of daily food but if it's on the table why not?

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

My boys tasted all of that and more before 6 months, never ate it but they tasted just about everything I ate.

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Aug. 18, 2014 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't feed that to a 6 month old. They'd be on baby food.
143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Aug. 18, 2014 at 11:57 AM

I thought they kept them on formula and cereal at 6 months. 

Thelmama
by Thelma on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine tasted it, didn't really eat it but when they showed interest I let them have a taste. My youngest would eat mashed potatoes or mashed peas, carrots other veggies from my plate as a baby. She would have nothing to do with baby food, lol. She is my best eater.  She refused to eat baby food at all.  She started "solids" at 6 months. I was careful with what I allowed her to taste but I did let her taste.  Things like carrots, peas or potatoes I let her eat mashed up really well.  Before 6 months she ate a little baby cereal and baby fruits but was not a fan.

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Quoting Noni2319: I wouldn't feed that to a 6 month old. They'd be on baby food.
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Aug. 19, 2014 at 12:58 PM
10 moms liked this

At 6 months the only things my kids had were bottle or boob.

H4RL3YQU1N
by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 2:19 PM

With my first and only  I didn't give her any adult/table food but I caught my boyfriend's cousin sneaking her table food.

The only adult/table food I gave her was graham crackers because that's the only thing that helped her when she was teething.

I was very into giving her formula, baby cereal and baby food and those packaged gerber meals as she got older.

When my moved back closer to my family they taught her to shake her no to food and now I have the pickest eater alive when she used to eat anything and everything. 

Aw...do ya hear that? My Puddin's laughing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN