Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Question for those who've had planned c-sections...

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 8:31 PM
  • 14 Replies

Poll

Question: When did they put it in?

Options:

Before

After

Both (multiple c-sections)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 6

View Results

I am having my second planned c-section in a week and a half. I was reading through a what to expect with a planned c-section article just to refresh my memory and get their suggested packing list, and read that they will do your epidural and then put a catheter in. I was like WTF?! 

With DD the nurse did it in my hospital room before going to the OR. I am going to ask my dr at my next appointment if they do it before or after or give me a choice at this hospital because it was horrible the first time! Other than throwing up the stuff you take to supposedly settle your stomach, that is the only bad thing I remember about the whole process. (For myself anyway, DD aspirated fluid and the hospital was too small to handle it, but that's a different story.)

So, if you've had a planned c-section, did they put the catheter in before or after numbing you?

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrs.miller89
by New Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 8:57 PM

Bump

froggyfreak330
by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 9:21 PM

They gave me some drugs that made me drowsy so I didnt know what was going on but didnt give me the epidural till we were in the OR. They apparently had to put me out a bit later because for some reason I started freaking out during the c-section but I only know this because the doctor told my husband and he told me. I dont remember anything except waking up while they were stapling my stomach shut. Let me explain, I found out my son was a fetal demise at 38 weeks. They tried to induce me but it wasnt working so we just planned a c-section for later in the day because I just wanted to get it over with and go home.

Anyway, If you have a preference as when you want the epidural I bet they will accomodate you.

sugarbutt89
by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 9:34 PM
After numbing me... good luck, i have one scheduled in 4 weeks and honestly not looking forward to it.
cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:57 AM

bump I had him vaginally

Kibaby_32
by New Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 1:13 AM
My 3rd c section is scheduled for sept 3rd....i honestly don't remember when they did it.
cats911
by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 3:30 AM

I had three c sections.  I do not remember a cathater at all.  I do not think I had them at all or they took them out before I was conscious.  I had the epidurals in the operating room.

mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 5:25 AM

I dont remember. 

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Aug. 20, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Quoting cjsmom1:

bump I had him vaginally

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Aug. 20, 2014 at 11:47 AM

One day after my birthday :-) Virgos Rock! lol

Quoting Kibaby_32: My 3rd c section is scheduled for sept 3rd....i honestly don't remember when they did it.

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Aug. 20, 2014 at 4:13 PM

I'm going to have my first c section in March.  I honestly don't know what to expect.  I've elected to have a c section because right after our baby is born they are going to tie my tubes.  I did have my first epidural 6 years ago when I had my son, and I remember them putting the epidural in and then after I couldn't feel anything they put a catheter in. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN