Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

You're pregnant unexpectedly...

Posted by   + Show Post
What are you naming your baby? I'd love to see girl and boy names please. Thank you! :)
by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 12:06 AM
Replies (21-30):
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Aug. 21, 2014 at 1:21 AM
I love names with great meaning, such as family names. I'm not a huge fan of the Jr's, so that's out. My husband wants his Grandma's name as the middle name if this baby is a girl. Her name is Laurine. I don't have a problem with that, as long as the first name flows well with it.

Quoting polkaspots: My sister is Claudia and my father is Michael. My husband's name is Carlos, which we're not using and his middle name is Manuel, which is out oldest boy's middle name.

Quoting Kmakksmom: I had a friend in school named Claudia Marie. I always thought that was pretty.

Michael will more than likely be this baby's middle name if it's a boy. It's my husband's middle name.

Quoting polkaspots: Claudia Something for a girl
Something Michael for a boy.
I'll come back if I think of the other names.
Nimue930
by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 1:24 AM
Madelyn Kathleen and Malachi Allen
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 1:25 AM
We have a half junior, lol. Dh goes by Manny (a shortened version of his middle name) That's it though. I wouldn't want to use the names Carlos or Deirdre. All of the kids in my family have a family name. It's a tradition.
Laurine is a nice name, even if my phone corrected it to Laurie three times. I think it would go nicely with a first name that ended in uh, like Sara.

Quoting Kmakksmom: I love names with great meaning, such as family names. I'm not a huge fan of the Jr's, so that's out. My husband wants his Grandma's name as the middle name if this baby is a girl. Her name is Laurine. I don't have a problem with that, as long as the first name flows well with it.

Quoting polkaspots: My sister is Claudia and my father is Michael. My husband's name is Carlos, which we're not using and his middle name is Manuel, which is out oldest boy's middle name.

Quoting Kmakksmom: I had a friend in school named Claudia Marie. I always thought that was pretty.

Michael will more than likely be this baby's middle name if it's a boy. It's my husband's middle name.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopemcc411
by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 1:27 AM
I'm 22 weeks pregnant with a girl and naming her Hazel Delaney.
BradleysMom2014
by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 1:30 AM

I joked with DH and said our sons name will be James John Jack

I actually liked it, and it would have given him free range of whatever he wanted to be called lol

DH on the other hand was a deffinate NO :(sad

Quoting Kmakksmom: It does have a nice ring to it. My husband named one of our daughters after Angelina Jolie, although our Angelina's middle name is Michelle. With this baby, he wanted a name with his father and both Grandpa's names. The name would've been Kemm Delbert Richard... Uhm...nope, lol. Let's focus on a different name. I'm only 10 weeks, but he had that name in his mind for the last week and kept saying that was going to be the name. Until our oldest said to him that we don't need another "K" name in our family. We already have Kayla, Kiara & Kaden...and Madison along with Angelina.
Quoting BradleysMom2014:

DH doesn't watch NASCAR lol but I did get that a couple of times. I also don't think DH realizes who Bradley Cooper is, even tho we have movies with him in our dvd cabinet lol.

He just says it has a nice ring to it...

I personally wanted to name him a name that starts with J (James the third, Johnny (after my gpa) Jack (after his gpa))) DH wanted NONE of it... I thought since all my family has girls I'd end up better if I agreed that I choose the girls name and he chose the boys name... I lost lol

Quoting Kmakksmom: Awesome names! We have an Angelina Michelle. :) When I see Bradley Dale, I think of Bradley Cooper *yum!*, and the Dale's from NASCAR. ;)
Quoting BradleysMom2014:

Bradley Dale :p

Jamie Michelle

(These are DH's and I's actual baby names... We picked them before we knew what the gender was)

I picked the girls name, she would've had mine and SIL's middle name

DH pulled Bradley Dale out of his butt lol

ElvinCephalopod
by New Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 1:31 AM

paige marie

truid allen

BIMOM21
by Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 1:33 AM
Thank you. I've always planned on calling Dakota, Kota Bear if I have a boy, and McKinley, Panda Bear if I have a girl.

Quoting Kmakksmom: I would consider Dakota, but my stepsister named her daughter after her Boxer named guess what...Dakota. Also, we have a friend who's son's name is Dakota. I'm weird about that ever since we found out our kids have a second cousin named Kayla Marie (same last name as ours). Our oldest daughter is Kayla Cheyanne. Our Kayla came first though.

I do really like your names! McKinley Mary Jane is pretty. :)

Quoting BIMOM21: Dakota Malachi for a boy, and McKinley Mary Jane for a girl.
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Aug. 21, 2014 at 1:36 AM
Great names! I have a cousin named Madalyn. :)

Quoting Nimue930: Madelyn Kathleen and Malachi Allen
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Aug. 21, 2014 at 1:40 AM
I know several Manny's! It's kinda funny, but my husband's sister's name is Laurie. He just threw out the name Savannah to go with Laurine. I like it. We have lots of Sara's in our family, but the uh is in Savannah.

Quoting polkaspots: We have a half junior, lol. Dh goes by Manny (a shortened version of his middle name) That's it though. I wouldn't want to use the names Carlos or Deirdre. All of the kids in my family have a family name. It's a tradition.
Laurine is a nice name, even if my phone corrected it to Laurie three times. I think it would go nicely with a first name that ended in uh, like Sara.

Quoting Kmakksmom: I love names with great meaning, such as family names. I'm not a huge fan of the Jr's, so that's out. My husband wants his Grandma's name as the middle name if this baby is a girl. Her name is Laurine. I don't have a problem with that, as long as the first name flows well with it.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Aug. 21, 2014 at 1:48 AM
Beautiful name! My ex boyfriend's SiL was named Hazel. She was a pillar of strength. She died right before we broke up. She had breast cancer.

Quoting hopemcc411: I'm 22 weeks pregnant with a girl and naming her Hazel Delaney.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN