Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

End of Summer Fun Challenge Day 1: Dinner Fun!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 2:45 PM
  • 61 Replies

Summer is coming to a end, but there's still time to enjoy warm summer nights a little while longer! Today's challenge is to have a family picnic dinner outside!

Pack up dinner, fill a cooler with drinks, grab a blanket, and head to a park or even the comfort of your backyard. The days are getting shorter, but there's still plenty of sunlight to have a nice relaxing meal outside. Bring a kite and some games for your family to enjoy after dinner. For your baby or little ones, pack some bubbles!

Continue the fun as the sun goes down and do some star gazing with your family!

eating

When was the last time your family had a picnic dinner? What are your  family's favorite after dinner activities? Is your baby easy going when you have family activities?

Join our End of Summer Fun Challenge!

Each mom who participates in all 5 days of the challenge will be entered to win a $25 Walmart gift card!

by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Noni2319
by Chrissy on Aug. 25, 2014 at 3:36 PM
We have picnic dinners fairly often. The boys love it.
goddess99
by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 3:36 PM

No baby here. We do eat out on our deck often, grilled food mostly. The last time we had an actual picnic was during a day trip a few years ago. Lately our after dinner activity has been listening to dd practice the flute. She's getting better every day =)

poeticsong725
by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 3:37 PM

We've never had a picnic dinner with LO, because she's only a year old. It would be too much work lugging her around PLUS all the supplies we would need. Maybe when she's a bit older. About two years ago, hubby and I did it alone together. That was good times.

She's usually pretty easygoing, but that's not why I wouldn't do this just yet.

ablackdolphin
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Just a few weeks ago at our homeschool party

ablackdolphin

I made salads for DH & I and rice and chicken for the kids

ablackdolphin

We had a big cooler, chairs, a canopy tent and were at the beach

littlemoments99
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 3:45 PM

I was just thinking of doing this. Only, we were going to have a pretend picnic. My son is too little to do an actual picnic. It would be a huge mess. We will do this at least a few times every year though. It seems like such a nice thing to do to spend time together.

We have a nice picnic basket and lots of supplies. A family friend got it for us as a wedding gift. We have never used it yet, but I was just thinking of trying it out soon!

la_bella_vita
by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 3:51 PM

We love to do this : ) 

mollymcleod
by New Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 3:59 PM
The last time we went on a picnic was earlier this summer; it was before I had Eleanor so I'm not sure how she would handle a picnic. We usually go to the local park and if it is hot enough we play in the splash park.
ProudMeof2
by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 4:01 PM

We have never done a picnic dinner

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)