Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

End of Summer Fun Challenge Day 5: Preserving Memories!

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 7:15 AM
  • 86 Replies

The summer is filled with so many fun adventures whether it's an elaborate family vacation or a simple trip for ice cream. Today's challenge is for you and your kids to craft your summer memories!

This is a simple craft and it's something that your family will enjoy for years to come. Gather some of the things you've collected and make a scrapbook or memory jar. Your memory jar can be a mason jar, a washed out spaghetti sauce jar, or whatever else you can re-purpose.

Here are some examples of what you can include:
Ticket stubs
Zoo maps 
Invitations to parties
Pictures
Wrappers
Trinkets from a carnival
Seashells

Be sure to include hand and foot prints of your kids- especially your baby! Each year you'll be able to look back and see just how tiny their fingers and toes were in the summer of 2014!

sunscrapbooking

Did you have a great summer this year? What's your favorite memory? How do you preserve or display your favorite family memories?

Join our End of Summer Fun Challenge!

Each mom who participates in all 5 days of the challenge will be entered to win a $25 Walmart gift card!

by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 7:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Caidysmom
by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:39 AM
We did a lot of water fun, trips to the zoo and parks. We take loads of pics :)
They run across the pc in a slide show as a screen saver :)
LaniBee
by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:14 AM

We had a fantastic summer! I like to make small photo albums of vacations or small family trips (the mini kind with just a few pages). The girls have trinket boxes they've collected over the years for special items.

LadyJag
by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:23 AM

We had a fun, albeit short, summer!

We started out with a camping trip to Legoland, Fl. We let DD bring a friend along this time, and they had a blast. We also got to go tubing down a river, and went to a few local sporting events and water parks. And, of course, there's the pool.

I always take a TON of pictures, which I later upload to Facebook and a photo book web site to create a custom photobook.

Wantz
by New Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:25 AM

It was a very stressful summer. Spending the day with my kids, out of the house.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:36 AM

This is a great idea. We had a great summer, did a lot of travelling this year. Took along my 11 yr old niece and 14 year old nephew, with our 14 yr old dear granddaughter.

amy_dawn
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:40 AM
This summer has been a hard one for us. We've had household changes, stress, and losses. It has been a good summer despite that. But I wouldn't classify it as great. I would say that our best memories this summer are the chicks that were born this spring and have grown nearly to full-size, and the kid (goat) that was born Sunday night. My kids have learned new things, gained animal experience, and enjoyed being around the animals. The worst memory this summer was losing our beloved dog.
melindabelcher
by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:42 AM

We did have a good summer. Favorite memory is probably the beach. I'll have to ask the kiddos to what their favorite was. 

Making a memory box or page or craft is such a cute idea. I had always wanted to scrapbook two pages per season for our memories. But i always get to busy. I think the kids will really enjoy picking what to put on the pages. :)

Thelmama
by Thelma on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:59 AM

What  a cute idea.

We had a good summer for the most part. I spent part of it off my feet due to an injury but we had fun.  We take pictures, we talk about past memories, we laugh we giggle and we keep momentos of stuff. I think putting them in a memory jar is a great idea.

kcangel63
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Our summer was stressful, but some of the kids had fun.

A memory jar is a fun idea to do anytime. Sounds like a great activity.
la_bella_vita
by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Great ideas! My daughter and I had plans to make a summer box this weekend : ) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN