Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

I watched the video of James Foley being beheaded...Edit with second link

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 4:32 PM
  • 38 Replies

It was very odd.

1. Stilted dialogue aside, the knife is much too small to behead anyone but a chicken.

2. When the bad guy grabs James head and starts sawing away, even after 7 saws there is no blood whatsoever. 

3. The camera cuts away before the "actual beheading" 

4. When it shows his body afterwards, there is only a small amount of blood on the ground and his neck has a very clean guillotined appearance.

The head at the end looks very real although it's a still shot instead of film. It's possible the photo was edited to look the way it did or at the very least if he was executed, it wasn't at the spot at that time.

The whole video comes off as very fishy.

Link here. Not safe for work or kids.

Here's another link that explains how the execution could have been faked

by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Aug. 22, 2014 at 4:39 PM
Nope, not clicking that link!!! I'll trust your opinion on this. My pregnancy hormones are all out of whack already, I don't need to be crying over this now. (I would normally watch it, but I just can't now.)
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Aug. 22, 2014 at 4:57 PM

No, no, I totally get you! I was a mess when I was prego too.

Quoting Kmakksmom: Nope, not clicking that link!!! I'll trust your opinion on this. My pregnancy hormones are all out of whack already, I don't need to be crying over this now. (I would normally watch it, but I just can't now.)

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

anotherandree
by Inga on Aug. 22, 2014 at 5:00 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm actually surprised you would watch the video.  Not that I know you at all, but (from your posts and such), you do not seem the type of person to watch such things, even though you now know it was fake.  Not judging because I was, I'll admit, curious when I saw that there was even a video but I was not about to take the chance! :)

cc5112
by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 5:02 PM
4 moms liked this

Back in 2004, Nick Berg was beheaded. I never watched the video. The NYT description and the commentary from an ME just upset me. It haunted me, really ...

I remember coworkers were all looking up the video and commenting about it. I just could not watch it. It just seemed voyeuristic and disrespectful to his family. What an awful death... And his family and friends all knowing that the video is out there for people to watch.... smh.. 

The execution of Foley is also upsetting to me - regardless of how it was done, he's dead; and his family and friends all have suffered a great loss. I just can't imagine surviving my son and having people trivilaize his death.  May he rest in peace and his family find some comfort with other family and friends who loved him...

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Aug. 22, 2014 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this

You have the right of it. I wasn't going to watch the video at all. Things like this really upset me. But I kept reading that it was fake because of X, y and z. Being a very currious person I decided to look for myself. At first I kept covering the screen in case it was too graphic but then I saw how poorly done it was. I sincerly hope his death is fake along with the "execution" video. My heart goes out to his family.

Quoting anotherandree:

I'm actually surprised you would watch the video.  Not that I know you at all, but (from your posts and such), you do not seem the type of person to watch such things, even though you now know it was fake.  Not judging because I was, I'll admit, curious when I saw that there was even a video but I was not about to take the chance! :)

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Aug. 22, 2014 at 5:13 PM

I do agree with you but the fact remains, he may not be dead. Why fake a video of his execution then show a still frame of his body and head. If that really was his body why didn't they show film instead of an easily photo shopped picture in the end?

I didn't watch the video out of morbid curiosity or disrespect but rather as a quest for the truth. I am not one to give into hysteria and blindly follow the masses without evidence. If he really is dead it is a tragedy. I feel deeply for his family and hope his murderer faces justice. 

Quoting cc5112:

Back in 2004, Nick Berg was beheaded. I never watched the video. The NYT description and the commentary from an ME just upset me. It haunted me, really ...

I remember coworkers were all looking up the video and commenting about it. I just could not watch it. It just seemed voyeuristic and disrespectful to his family. What an awful death... And his family and friends all knowing that the video is out there for people to watch.... smh.. 

The execution of Foley is also upsetting to me - regardless of how it was done, he's dead; and his family and friends all have suffered a great loss. I just can't imagine surviving my son and having people trivilaize his death.  May he rest in peace and his family find some comfort with other family and friends who loved him...

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

cc5112
by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this

What truth did you expect to find in watching the video? I'm not interested in an argument over this, either. Your comment on the video failing to make the death look real to you, to me come off as cold and removed.

I don't know you at all either,  but given many of your other posts, it also surprises me that you would watch such a video and critique it like it should have had all the "bells and whistles" of a beheading for you to be convinced of a loss of life. 

I, too, hope his his family gets justice for their horrific loss...

Quoting paganbaby:

I do agree with you but the fact remains, he may not be dead. Why fake a video of his execution then show a still frame of his body and head. If that really was his body why didn't they show film instead of an easily photo shopped picture in the end?

I didn't watch the video out of morbid curiosity or disrespect but rather as a quest for the truth. I am not one to give into hysteria and blindly follow the masses without evidence. If he really is dead it is a tragedy. I feel deeply for his family and hope his murderer faces justice. 

Quoting cc5112:

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Aug. 22, 2014 at 6:00 PM

That he was actually beheaded? What other truth would you expect me to be looking for? Whether or not he was actually executed (I sincerely hope he was not) the video was a fake. 

Seeing how you've never even seen the video, I find it odd that you are so insistent that this man is dead. Not everything you see on T.V. is reality. It's rather disturbing to me that so many people accept every bit of information that comes from the media as fact without ever questioning it.

Quoting cc5112:

What truth did you expect to find in watching the video? I'm not interested in an argument over this, either. Your comment on the video failing to make the death look real to you, to me come off as cold and removed.

I don't know you at all either,  but given many of your other posts, it also surprises me that you would watch such a video and critique it like it should have had all the "bells and whistles" of a beheading for you to be convinced of a loss of life. 

I, too, hope his his family gets justice for their horrific loss...

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting cc5112:

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Aug. 22, 2014 at 6:12 PM

I wouldn't be able to see it real or not

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Aug. 22, 2014 at 6:21 PM

It doesn't show anything really. The "cutting" of his neck is bloodless. Then it jumps to the decapitated body. That part is a little hard to watch.

Quoting hayliedlr:

I wouldn't be able to see it real or not

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)