Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Am I just being a Bi***??

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2014 at 11:00 PM
  • 30 Replies
Ok so i might just be a total bitch but i need some imput my mil comes down to visit every week stays from tues night till thurs night and sometimes shes comes unannounced after work its not so much her that bothers me but she brings her 16 year old daughter with her that comes with her computer in hand sits on the couch from the time she gets here till the time she leaves the only time she gets up is to go to the bathroom her mom brings her her food her drinks and what really gets me is when she has her period she has to be reminded to check herself wtf really she dont take care of herself she smells her hair is out of control and the hair on her legs is 5 inches long its not my business and i try to stay out of it but it is my house and my dad comes and dont hold anything back he will tell her to get up and get a job or do something with her life her mother will jump in and say this is what 16 year olds do ok i know times have changed but i was 16 once too i had my licence went to school and worked. I have a 7 year old son that loves video games and would sit on it all day IF I LET HIM oh hell no he is active in baseball and does not sit on the game i dont allow it but then again i dont have a 16 year old either am i wrong for feeling this way?
by on Sep. 2, 2014 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsmoonbeam
by on Sep. 2, 2014 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Why doesnt she go to school?
sabriniamarie
by Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 11:10 PM
She does "when she feels like it" she has anxiety supposedly and cant go to school i think she knows how to play her mom i have anxiety too and i still have to work
Amber1225
by Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this
No, not at all. It's the Mil fault for not teaching her daughter about proper hygenine. Cut the WiFi off and pretend there smthn wrong and take her to do something and just talk to her about it. or have you DH talk to your mom, there's an American girl book called , "the care and keeping of you" it may be worth it to buy for her.. Not taking care of yourself and not respecting yourself is NOT what 16 yr olds do. Mil is just making excuses bc she doesn't wanna admit she's wrong. also tell mil that she needs to get up and get her own food and drinks, she is a big girl and not helpless and all mil is doing to her is enabling a lazy lifestly and enstilling terrible habits into her daughter. Don't be afraid to be honest. They may get mad at you but it's for her own good

I too am in a rut with my soon to be mil and am about to go crazy with her living here. Smh in our 1br/1ba apartment with my SO AND I and our 75 lb dog.

Good luck, I know how hard it can be dealing with in-laws. Hope things get better for you.
Amber1225
by Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 11:15 PM
If she was taught how to properly care for herself and respect and love herself she probably wouldn't have anxiety. I hate when parents try to shove diagnoses and medication on their children to try and cover up bad parenting. Smh.

Also, mil needs to be careful. when I was in school after three unexcused missed days social services were called. And if the unexcusesd absences continued the parent risked jail and losing their children.

Quoting sabriniamarie: She does "when she feels like it" she has anxiety supposedly and cant go to school i think she knows how to play her mom i have anxiety too and i still have to work
sabriniamarie
by Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 11:26 PM
She has a medical excuse she says i have said things it just doesnt matter and dh dont say shit and i have cut off the wifi she just sits on the couch crying because of her "anxiety" this shit just cant be made up its UNREAL
sabriniamarie
by Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 11:28 PM
Its so bad we went to a party a couple weeks ago my mil went with us her daughter stayed here because of her "anxiety" i had a friend stop over and unplug the internet its just disgusting
cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 12:42 AM

She behaves like that because mil allows. It outs you in a tough spot though since dh doesn't care or doesn't see anything wrong with it. Imo you should tell mil that as long as they're at your house is needs to eat at the table with everyone else, or whatever it is you do at meal times. I would also find a way to let sil know that her hygiene isn't up to par and teach her how to properly shave and wash herself.

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Sep. 3, 2014 at 12:48 AM
I would change the wifi password, then she just can't use it. I would say anyone staying at my house has to be clean. And she has to go shower properly. Talk to your husband explain how it's a bad example for your son. If he still won't do anything. Just lay down the house rules and enforce them.
Leilanismommy10
by New Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 3:41 AM
If I were you, I wouldn't let that girl in my home anymore! Lol, seriously that's so gross. Who doesn't have proper hygiene by themselves? I barley skip a day when I'm completely sick or something and i feel gross lol. Just cut the wifi and tell her to hush with her "anxiety" cus ain't nobody got time for that! Lol goodnight now and goodluck ✌️
mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 5:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Sad how mental health issues are taken so lightly and not believed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN