Cinnamon-Raisin-Apple Indian Pudding
- cooking spray
- 2 cup(s) milk, fat-free
- 1/3 cup(s) cornmeal
- 2 tablespoon sugar, brown (packed)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg(s)
- 2 medium apple(s), cooking
- 1/4 cup(s) raisins
2. In a medium saucepan, heat 1 1/2 cups of the milk over medium heat just until boiling. In a small bowl, combine cornmeal with remaining 1/2 cup milk; slowly whisk into hot milk. Cook and stir until mixture returns to boiling. Reduce heat to low. Cook and stir for 5 to 7 minutes or until thick.
3. Remove from heat. Stir in brown sugar or brown sugar substitute, cinnamon, and salt. In a small bowl, beat egg with a fork; gradually stir the hot mixture into egg. Stir in apples and raisins. Divide mixture among prepared custard cups. Bake about 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes; serve warm.