Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fall Fun Fall Fun

How do you teach your kids the importance of oral hygiene?

Posted by   + Show Post

Healthy habits start with the first tooth and getting an early start on a brushing routine helps establish healthy habits that can last a lifetime. Aquafresh gave 50 CafeMom members one tube of Aquafresh Training toothpaste and a tooth brush and asked them to try it with their young children. The new toothpaste is designed for your baby's developing mouth and is not only fluoride-free but also safe-to-swallow.

Tell us about your family. How do you teach your kids the importance of oral hygiene? Then watch this video to learn more from Aquafresh!

by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Replies (121-130):
SavvyLondon
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you CafeMom and Aquafresh! We were so happy to be chosen for this program and my daughter London couldn't wait to try the new Training toothpaste and brush. She's only 19 months old and already in the "I can do it by myself" stage":) 

After taking a bath, she likes to brush her teeth with her big sister and I found the Aquafresh website to be very helpful in getting them motivated to brush. She absolutely LOVED the Nurdles, lol. I also found the toothbrush to  be the perfect size for her little mouth and hands compared to others we've tried. Normally she really likes to just wet her toothbrush skipping the toothpaste, but she seemed to really like the flavor! Thanks again CafeMom and Aquafresh!!!

jbyrd898
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:12 AM

Like I said earlier, my little one loves brushing his teeth, so when CafeMom and Aquafresh sent me their training toothpaste, I knew it would be a hit. Joey really enjoyed brushing his teeth, and the toothbrush was cute and fit his little hands well. I dont let him play games on the computer yet, but give it a few months and he probably will. One of things that we do to make brushing fun is that he copies his daddy, from washing his mouth out to "spitting" in the sink. He just makes the sound, I dont think he gets it completely yet.

liss05
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:28 PM

By her being with us when we are brushing our teeth.

liss05
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:43 PM

We received our toothbrush/toothpaste this week and lets just say my DD loves the toothbrush she really seems to get the back teeth really well because the brush flexes and she really likes the taste of the toothpaste so she is brushing longer unlike her prior toothpaste. The website was also a lot of fun she really enjoyed "Brush your teeth with the Nurdles" it even gets my 7yo brushing his teeth for longer. Thanks CM & Aquafresh for letting us be a influencer. big smile mini

Jerichos_Mommy
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:04 AM

I made up a story about the Germaquinichakonooncha monsters and Toothabrushika.

LiviaA
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I ended up having a super crazy week and weekend, so I am way late in getting this posted, but I was so excited to be chosen for this assignment!  Thank you cafemom :)

My daughter Lilyana is 19 months old and she L♥VES brushing her teeth!  She was so excited to have a new pink toothbrush and she really seems to like the taste of the apple-banana toothpaste!  She would brush her teeth every time we go past the bathroom if she could lol!

Lily was really too young to interact with the website, but I have it saved in my bookmarks for my older kids :)  I haven't really had a lot of time to check out the website for myself, but I plan on doing that eventually...

My kids all really enjoy brushing their teeth, so I don't feel like I need any extra hints, but it's still fun for kids to play games etc.

Kiwismommy19
by on May. 9, 2012 at 5:39 AM

Loving these pictures!

gypsy_rose
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:00 AM

I was one of the lucky moms that got to try this product. Arlo who is 16 months old got to use this. We got both a toothbrush and toothpaste. Arlo seemed to love the taste. He would lick his lips after using it. We sing the brusha brusha brasha with the new idanda song from greese. He still cries and is not big into his teeth being brushed but he is starting to get used to it. The bristles are nice and soft in the kit too. I am sure this is the toothpaste we will be sticking with for him. I always loved aquafresh over most other brands. ^_^

(sorry it took so long. I was not sent a paper to tell me where to post the reveiw. ^_^)

The month of May is the Nerofibromatosis awarness month. 

One of the major signs are cafe au lait spots (flat brown spots on the skin).

Please research this disorder! 

I have this disorder myself.

CLICK PHOTO FOR MORE INFO!

preciouspkgs
by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:30 AM

We start out with the itty bitty babies, getting them used to having their gums wiped with gauze.  once they have a tooth, we get a baby toothbrush and brush their tooth and gums in the morning and at night; and once they are walking we start transitioning to them doing it themselves.  We have a small 1 min hourglass timer we keep in the bathroom, and we have them brush for 1min and then mom and dad brush for 1 min.  As they get older they get more responsibility/time to do it themselves.  We hum a song and make it a contest when we have more than 1 close in age.  It has worked well so far, with my oldest about to turn 22 and still has no cavities and the youngest is 11 weeks and is used to me sticking my fingers in his mouth right now.  :-)

Jess0915
by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Yikes! I totally forgot to post my review. Both my little girls got sick since I was sent the stuff, obviously my mind was elsewhere. Lol.
My daughter is 20 months old and she loves to brush her teeth! She like the aquafresh toothbrush because it's smaller than her other toothbrush so it fit easily. She seemed to like the toothpaste too. I guess it tastes good. :) She knows when it's time to brush now and she runs into the bathroom hopping up and down.
I usually let her brush on her own for a minute, then I finish the job.
This was a really fun influencer, I'm not sure I would have even tried aquafresh, we normally use the baby colgate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN