Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fall Fun Fall Fun

How do you teach your kids the importance of oral hygiene?

Posted by   + Show Post

Healthy habits start with the first tooth and getting an early start on a brushing routine helps establish healthy habits that can last a lifetime. Aquafresh gave 50 CafeMom members one tube of Aquafresh Training toothpaste and a tooth brush and asked them to try it with their young children. The new toothpaste is designed for your baby's developing mouth and is not only fluoride-free but also safe-to-swallow.

Tell us about your family. How do you teach your kids the importance of oral hygiene? Then watch this video to learn more from Aquafresh!

by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Replies (21-30):
MamaMandee
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Looking forward to read the influencers stories! 

amy7243
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:37 PM

My youngest and oldest have no issues with brushing their teeth....my middle son on the other had I have to tell to do it everyday!!!! Ugh.

MamaBear2cubs
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:50 PM

We found a great toothpaste that they both LOVE and it has helped 10 fold at getting them excited about brushing!

elasmimi
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:50 PM

I brush at the same time she does, and demonstrate. She is learning, but still wants to rush through. This has helped me too, we got her one of those toothbrushes that light up till you have brushed long enough, and I realized it was longer than I was used to brushing, too.

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:23 PM

I have to stay on my kids about the importance of brushing their teeth.  They are all older and you would think they wouldn't want to go to school with stinky breath but that just isn't the case.  They do brush because I make them but they hate doing it and I have no idea why.

EbonySnow
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:26 PM

i don't know! shes so little

jessicasmom1
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 4:14 PM

We  floss, then put music on and after a song she picks it has been roughly 2 mintues  of brushing , time to mouth wash 

Madelaine
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 4:32 PM

awesome!

Rushn311
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 4:48 PM

I try to scare them about mine and hubby's teeth, but that doesn't seem to work good. My daughter is good about brushing her teeth, but the youngest doesn't have any interest and it's frustrating.

MamaMandee
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:12 PM
I'd love some tips on getting a teen to brush more. I have to stay on her more than I do the 2 younger ones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN