Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fall Fun Fall Fun

Easter at Grandmas

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 9:49 PM
  • 16 Replies

do you have to celebrate on both sides?

does that mean you have/get to eat two meals that day?

by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kimmiegiggler
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 9:50 PM

This is the first Easter we wont split the holidays... we usually go one weekend to his parents and one weekend to mine, but my parents moved 12 hours south for the winter... I'm pretty sad about it because it's my favorite family holiday! and I will miss all my mom's traditions!

SassyWildflower
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Nope. We do Easter here at home. Sometimes my family comes..sometimes not. If we were with my husband's mom & siblings, we would all just combine out things together.  The way we see it, we're ALL family, why shouldn't we ALL be together for stuff like this.

.JuneDiva629.
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Nope. We have it at our house.

.Peaches.
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Both sides do celebrate, but we try to get everyone together. Luckily, our families get along!

mom2cindylouwho
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 12:32 AM
We've never lived close enough to either family to worry about it. Now, we live across the world from any family. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kiwismommy19
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Used to. Since he moved though, I'm going to my families then dropping Ki off at his later.

cutestmom24
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 3:05 AM
Bella and I will spend the day with my family and my friend is bringing her son over for the easter egg hunt I'm so exicted :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsApple
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 3:19 AM

Hubby ALWAYS has to work Easter,so we always celebrate it with just the 3 of us on one of his days off closest to Easter (we celebrated it on tuesday this year!) so I usually spend Easter sunday with my parents,siblings,nephews,and our daughter. (hubby's family live across country or out of the country so we don't see them on most holidays)

MichelleK41
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 7:30 AM

Nope I cook and my Mom comes here. Hubs parents are deceased.

jenniferlee_12
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Usually we do lunch at my parent's and dinner used to be at DH's , but lately it has been at our house. I don't think I am cooking one this year because I don't want to deal with DH's mother. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN