Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fall Fun Fall Fun

Today is day one of No Smoking and No nail biting!!! I have officially been smoke free since 1:00am this morning. Been up about two hours and doing great. I realized I hadn't bit my nails since yesterday afternoon so I'm quitting that today too. Haven't done either today :) Just wanted to share!

Have you ever quit smoking, or anything like that?

by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Replies (21-25):
ShaunnaMichelle
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:05 AM

No smoking here, but I do need to lose some weight before winter. I have friends coming from out of the country and I want to look better and be able to have fun while they are here.

Moms_Angels1960
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:26 AM

Good fro you. Nope, but hubby did and has been smoke free for about 4 yrs now. Keep up the good work.

Kiwismommy19
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Have you tried that bitter tasting clear polish? That stuff is Amazing! Even after it chips off or you take it off there is still a taste there. For me, all it takes is one time accidently putting my finger in my mouth (like today, not even to bite my nails but to scratch my lip) and the taste is there for a long time. I've been biting since age 2 and this is the only thing that has helped.

Quoting Liansmommie:

Good luck! I need to quit biting my nails.

Kiwismommy19
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Update: I slipped up a few times yesterday at work. Stressful day, last minute schedule change (thought I was going home at 6:45, found out at 6:15 that he had changed it to midnight w/out telling me). But even the few I had yesterday is a lot less than my usual.

Kiwismommy19
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Oh, forgot the rest of the update. I forgot this morning (yeah, actually forgot, didn't sleep well and head is foggy today) that I was quitting and smoked 2 before I realized it. So I'm gonna start fresh tomorrow. Even still, one pack split between two days is better than 3 packs split between two days :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN