Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fall Fun Fall Fun

Does anyone eat bread pudding?

Posted by   + Show Post

Chocolate Cinnamon Bread Pudding

When the craving for chocolate hits, try this Chocolate-Cinnamon Bread Pudding. The warm melted chocolate makes it a definite comfort food, while the whole wheat bread and evaporated skim milk adds to its nutritional punch.

Ingredients

• 5 slices whole-wheat or white bread, torn into small pieces
    • 2 large eggs
    • 12 ounces evaporated skim milk
    • 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
    • 1/4 cup coco powder
    • 2 teaspoons vanilla
    • 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
    • 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
    • 3 cups nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil an 8-inch square baking dish. Spread the bread in the dish in an even layer. In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the evaporated skim milk, brown sugar, cocoa, vanilla, and cinnamon. Whisk until the sugar and cocoa dissolve. Pour the cocoa mixture over the bread. With a fork, mix in any unsoaked bread pieces. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top and let stand for 10 minutes. Bake for 35 minutes, or until puffed and set in the center. Serve warm, with a scoop of the frozen yogurt on top.

Makes 6 servings.

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=257

by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Replies (11-18):
Pherlyce
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 8:26 AM
I like bread pudding, I always make them and a friend told me to put pineapple tidbits instead of a chocolate or raisins, something different.
mommy2b39465
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 8:28 AM

the BEST bread pudding in the world is King Cake Bread Pudding.

I don't have the recipe (it's a local restaurant's down here), but I do know the bread used is donuts, they thread cream cheese through it, and the sauce on top is the same as King Cake topping. It's amazing.

The restaurant only sells it for 2 weeks a year, during Mardi Gras. During that month they are usually busier than all other months. This past year, they made a huge batch the first day, sent the word out on Facebook, and ran out before dinner. 

MichelleK41
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 10:43 AM

I love this stuff!

Liansmommie
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Quoting mommy2b39465:

the BEST bread pudding in the world is King Cake Bread Pudding.

I don't have the recipe (it's a local restaurant's down here), but I do know the bread used is donuts, they thread cream cheese through it, and the sauce on top is the same as King Cake topping. It's amazing.

The restaurant only sells it for 2 weeks a year, during Mardi Gras. During that month they are usually busier than all other months. This past year, they made a huge batch the first day, sent the word out on Facebook, and ran out before dinner. 

That sounds fun!

ShaunnaMichelle
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 5:31 PM

I like it, but I never get it unless my mother is in the mood to make it. Until now, I didn't know how. I might have to try.

Liansmommie
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Quoting ShaunnaMichelle:

I like it, but I never get it unless my mother is in the mood to make it. Until now, I didn't know how. I might have to try.

I am tempted to try it myself

EbonySnow
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 10:15 PM

no thanks

jenniferlee_12
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I've never had it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)