Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fall Fun Fall Fun

I got a text from my mom while I was at work to call her immediatly. I did and she said "there has been an accident" she went on to tell me that while my brother and his family were visiting my parents winter home, my 3 year old niece was ran over by a golf cart.

so apprently my mom was in the drivers seat with my 5 year old nephew in her lap... when sydnee (my 3 year old niece) walked in front of the golf cart my nephew pressed down on the accelerator.  because his legs were in the way, my mom was unable to press on the brake.... and they hit and then ran over my niece....

they pulled her out from under the cart (which pisses me off... they should have left her there and called 911)... and instead of calling for an ambulance they rushed her to the ER... they ended up transporting my niece to a children's hospital 1.5 hours away... she has a 2" fracture on her skull, and some brain bruising.  they observed her overnight...and get this... released her the next day!!!! isn't that amazing! because her brain didn't swell nor was there any brain bleeds or any broken bones they said she'd be fine! and even encouraged them to continue on with their vacation to Disneyland!!!!!

I have never been so scared in my entire life!!! I cried so hard I broke blood vessels in my eyes...so they look horrific!!!!

I am just amazed at how resiliant kids can be!

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Replies (11-12):
dusky_rose
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Thank goodness she is ok!

I'm thankful for a hubby that loves me, 4 healthy children, a warm
place to sleep and enough food for our meals... God bless America!

starreyedcutie
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Omg my heart sank reading this! Glad she is ok
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN