Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fall Fun Fall Fun

Not fun! I almost crashed my car yesterday!

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:19 PM
  • 29 Replies

I can't believe this . . . and I still am not sure what happened, but I think I ran a red light yesterday.  The cars coming toward me were turning across the road--directly in front of me--and I kept going, thinking I had the right of way, that they would stop and they DID NOT.

I totally was yelling and swerving and thought for sure the car was going to hit the driver's side of my van . . . and I managed to avoid it.  I couldn't BELIEVE the car didn't stop and then I realized that maybe my light was red (I can't really believe it was) and that the car turning had a green turning signal. 

If you asked me, though, I'd swear my light was green.  CONFUSING. 

I've never been in a car crash before.   Have you?

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
itsblissmas
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Um, I've been in too many accidents. NOT a good feeling. I'm so glad you're ok. It's crazy how fast things can happen.

amonkeymom
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:43 PM

I'm glad you're safe!

I've had a couple of crashes... first one I was 17 and a new driver.  The stop-sign was down on a road I'd never been on before.  I went through the intersection and hit a truck, totalled my car.

Second one I hydroplaned in a rainstorm right into another car - jacked up my neck/shoulder and gave myself trauma induced scoliosis which then made my migraines so much worse.

The last one was during an ice-storm.  I was at a stoplight in my little Saturn.  The guy behind me had been trying to stop for at least a block, but couldn't.  He just slid on that ice (inch thick at least) right into the back of my car.  The pain from the scoliosis came back and I spent about 4 months in PT. 

LuLuRex
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Wow that's really scary!

I've only been in fender benders, but I avoided a major accident on a highway one time. A tractor trailer cut me off going 70 miles an hour. My car spun in several 360s but somehow I didn't hit anything and no one around me got in an accident either. I felt really blessed to walk away from that without a scratch.

MamaMandee
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Scary!! I have been in one when I was younger. I couldnt see the light due to the sun but the car in front of me went (light must have been already yellow when he went) so I went and hit a car that pulled out from their now green light. 

EbonySnow
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:27 PM

I'm glad no one was hurt!

jenniferlee_12
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Glad you are ok.

.JuneDiva629.
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:51 PM

OMG. Glad you are safe.

I had something like that happen to me. I was just picking up my younger boys from school and i was on my way to the middle school to get my oldest daughter. I was stopped at a red light and I was looking to my left. I was looking at  the car on my left move a little forward and so I took off thinking it was a green light. But NOPE. I drove and as I was driving I look and saw the RED light right above my head. OMG... That was the words right out of my mouth. LUCKY for me no one was coming. Very Scary.

MichelleK41
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:14 PM

I'm glad none was hurt! Yes I have been in a wreck before but not major thankfully.

mamacalifornia
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Never been in a car crash before. However a few weeks ago, I ran a red light I thought it was Green too but thankfully I was turning right rather then going straight.

SassyWildflower
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Glad no one was hurt!

Yes, i've been in...three car wrecks. was never really hurt but have been taken to the hospital for xrays and stuff to make sure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)