Just a Spoonful of Fruit Salad Makes the Frown Lines Go Away! Do you use any food-infused skincare products?
Okay, maybe it's just me -- but have you ever found yourself consumed by a smoothie/sundae craving while browsing the aisles of your local Sephora? I mean, seriously ... there are so many beyond amazingly yummy foods that apparently have crazy anti-aging/anti-oxidant properties, I can't remember whether I'm grocery shopping or skin care shopping half the time!
The more I hear about the magical crow's feet-fighting properties of citrus fruit and the intense hydrating effects of yogurt, the more I think I should spend all my free time concocting all-natural facial masks in my kitchen.
And then I wake up.
Alas, botanical-dermatology doesn't pay my bills (yet), so I'm stuck buying my food-based skin fixes -- but that's okay. Cause there are SO MANY amazing options out there ...
1. Zia Pumpkin Mask What do you get when you mix pumpkin puree with pineapple and carrot juice? "Luminous" skin, apparently -- or, in other words, "Did you just get a peel?" skin WITHOUT the peel.
2. Snowberry Nourishing Rich Day Cream Hey, wait a minute -- there's no such thing as a snowberry! Oh yeah? Slather this miracle potion on your skin for a few days and tell me you don't believe in snowberries. That's what I thought!
3. Archipelago Pomegranate Hand Cream So, you know how pomegranate juice is supposed to be a cure-all? (For a zillion dollars a bottle?) Basically, same principles apply when you're smoothing those detox-ers directly on your skin. (Don't try to drink the cream!!!)
4. Kiehl's Powerful Strengh Line-Reducing Concentrate Check this out: There's something even better out there than Retinol. Guess what it is?! Drumroll ... Vitamin C! Leave it to the folks at Kiehl's to discover the regenerative superpowers of a substance found in a fruit as ordinary as oranges.
5. Korres Yoghurt Instant Soothing Gel Remember those yogurt commercials with the really, really old dudes who attributed their longevity to years of yogurt consumption? Same rules of ageless-ness apply to your face. Mmm, probiotics.
Do you use any food-infused skincare products?