Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fall Fun Fall Fun

For Mother's Day "What I Love About You"

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:24 AM
  • 7 Replies

What I Love About You: A Book for Mom

This says for mom but it would be really great for grandmothers especially from more than one one grandchild.

What I Love About You: A Book for Mom

What You Need:

• 3 pieces of card stock paper, 8-1/2”x11”
  • Stapler
  • 9 photos, old or new, of family, friends, and pets who love Mom (you may represent 9 separate people; or it’s also okay to repeat!)
  • Glue stick
  • Markers for drawing; black fine tip pen for writing

What to Do:

1. Fold the cardstock in half to make a booklet, 5-1/2” wide by 8-1/4” tall. Use a stapler to fasten the three pages on the fold.
  2. On the front, have your third grader make a cover. It should say “What We Love About Mom” and should have your child’s name, too. Encourage your child to finish it off with a special picture, either of something Mom loves, or of Mom herself!
  3. Now you’re ready for the “story.” On each of the inside pages, have your child glue a different photograph, and leave enough space at the bottom or top of each page for your child to write a full, solid sentence.
  4. Go back through the book. For each picture, have your child write one full sentence of dialogue, correctly punctuated, “from” that person (and remember: pets may “speak” in this way; so may babies and even beloved cantankerous machines, like the family car!) Here is one favorite from our family: Tunafish the cat says, “Every night you feed me my favorite liver-cod feast!”
  5. On the very last page of the book, your child can write the big punch line: Happy Mother’s Day! Wrap it up and be prepared—you can count on a book like this to bring huge guffaws, and possibly a tear or two, too. And don’t be surprised if you see some strong gains in quotation usage while you’re at it, too!
By Julie Williams

http://www.education.com/activity/article/What_I_Love_About_Mom_third/?cid=50.200&utm_source=Activity+of+the+Week+Newsletter&utm_campaign=baf4360017-activity&utm_medium=email

by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MichelleK41
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:18 AM

Awwww this is very cool!

.JuneDiva629.
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:18 AM

That's a neat idea.

snuggiewoogie
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Sweet..

mamacalifornia
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:34 PM

TFS

EbonySnow
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:41 PM

cute

Kiwismommy19
by on May. 9, 2012 at 5:32 AM

Very cute!

Kmakksmom
by on May. 17, 2012 at 8:11 PM

That is so cute!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)