Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fall Fun Fall Fun

Potty Training

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:41 AM
  • 11 Replies

Are situtation is a little different.  You should know that 2 of my children are still currently in foster care with us.  Crossing our fingers that that will change in June!  We have been trying to potty train our 3 year old and it is taking forever!!  She does real good through the week but when a visit comes up, her mom will put her back in diapers so she regresses back.  Should I just put her in "big girl" panties and see if that speeds up the process?

We also have a 2 1/2 year old little boy that we have adopted.  He is showing interest in potty training, but what are some ways that have worked with you guys to get him to go on a regualar basis? 

Any help would be great!!!

by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenniferlee_12
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I would not send diapers and tell her mother that she is potty training. Dance, sign, rewards ca all help.

mamacalifornia
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:02 PM

I set a timer for every 15 minutes for a few days then extended it to 1/2 hr for a few days, then to 45 mintues, etc... within 2wks my kids were potty trained during the day and through the night.

EbonySnow
by on May. 10, 2012 at 1:23 PM

I'm in the same boat

Liansmommie
by on May. 10, 2012 at 2:21 PM

We had issues with the overnight pants and when we stopped using them altogether it PT happened like magic. I say go for the big girl panties.

Kiwismommy19
by on May. 10, 2012 at 3:15 PM

I know someone who used to have the same problem with parent visits when she had a foster kid. Even sending the kid in underwear didn't help, they'd just come back with a diaper on. Depending on how much her parents want to help and all that, sending her in panties and letting them know what's going on may help. But if not I'd just give it some time. Eventually, even with a diaper on she'll still use the potty instead of going in the diaper.

Good luck!

mymanben
by on May. 10, 2012 at 3:17 PM

I took mine to the store and let him pick any underwear he wanted. he was thrilled..his first accident he was uncomfortable and never had an accident again. He's now 2.5 All kids are different tho

MichelleK41
by on May. 11, 2012 at 7:18 AM

I'd def. try the big girl panties and maybe it will make the mom to work with you on the potty training. She definitely needs to work with you.

snuggiewoogie
by on May. 11, 2012 at 4:58 PM

It's gonna happen don't worry! :)

Kmakksmom
by on May. 17, 2012 at 8:46 PM

I would definitely bypass the pullups and go with the big girl panties.  Good Luck!

hreese1021
by on May. 18, 2012 at 9:07 AM

We have been doing "big girl" panties for about a week now!  We have had a few accidents but she gets so embarrassed she goes and changes real quick!  It's going better with mom than we expected.  However I think she knows she has to take her to the potty because she doesn't have any other clothes or panties for her.  Whatever works right??  Thanks for all the advice!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)