Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a friend of mine committed suicide on thursday.

she had 3 kids.

so her funeral is tomorrow, but I'm not going.  Not only is it a 3  hour drive, but they are calling her funeral a celebration of life.  Im struggling with that... she didn't think her life was worth celebrating.

i didn't know her kids well, so I wont be missed by them... I only feel bad that my other girlfriends are all going ...

am I wrong?

by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Replies (11-13):
mamacalifornia
by on May. 15, 2012 at 1:55 PM

So sorry your friend passed away, not sure how I would feel or if I would go

Poohy1975
by on May. 16, 2012 at 5:13 PM

I've been to one funeral in my whole life. I will never forget it.I was 12 years old when my step grandpa died. (we were very close and i loved him more than my real grandpa.) He was an alcoholic who had quit drinking. Then one of his buddies thought that it would be funny to sneak vodka into his 7-up. (his fav way to drink) He got very sick. Within a few hours his organs started giving out on him.They literally started exploding inside of him. It was an open casket.They couldn't even fit him in his suit. Because he was so swollen. Now when i remember him,even when we're driving to New York. (Which meant we were going for a country ride and pretend we were going to NY) I don't see him as he should be. I see him laying in that coffin,swollen with a green tinge. I don't ever want to have a memory of someone else i love like that. I was very emotional that day. A horrible experience. I guess my point is,if i were you, no i wouldn't go.

Kmakksmom
by on May. 17, 2012 at 9:36 PM

You need to deal with her death in whichever way you can.  You are not wrong. *hugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)