Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fall Fun Fall Fun

FATHER'S DAY: Are you close with your father?

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 5:25 PM
  • 18 Replies

Sadly, I am not close to mine.

by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2cindylouwho
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 5:28 PM
My siblings and I are very lucky to have the wonderful dad we do. Our entire family - though spread all over the world - remain very close.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angela.bouchard
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 5:56 PM

We're really close. I did have plans to spend the day with him but my son has had a high fever off and on for the last 24 hours. It hit 103 last night.

Ladybug.Hugs
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Yes we're close, he's one of my best friends :)

MichelleK41
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 6:50 PM

We have been close but in the last year he has been distant. I do love and miss him though. =)

.JuneDiva629.
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Not really...Since he is in California.

momofsixangels
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 11:35 PM

I wasnt.He was serious and no nonsense.But I know he loved me.I loved him!

MixedCooke
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Mine died never knowing he had granddaughters--what does that tell you?  No I was not when I saw who he truly was as a person, father and husband.

candymandy
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 6:32 AM

Unfortunately the first and only time I met my father I was 27 and already had my DS1. He was in a nursing home because of poor life choices. I visited with him for 3 hours it was horrible he still blames my mother for stealing me away. (He makes it out to be like a lifetime movie where she snuck me out in a basket out a window under the cover of night fall.) I have asked other family members and of course my mother and their stories are fall less dramatic. It didn't work out with my parents she wanted to move across the county to be with my grandfather. She got a divorce filled for custody he didn't contest any of it she moved. I understand these things happened 24 years ago there's his version, her version and then what really happened. I kept trying to steer the conversation to I understand the past isn't a pleasant thing for you to remember but we are in the future and if we are going to have a future relationship let's leave the past behind. And again in 10 minutes he would relive my mom smuggling me out of the house. I do feel bad but on the other hand my mother did raise me the last 25 years of my life. So talking bad about her doesn't win you brownie points.

I did get to hear stories of my childhood my mom didn't tell me about. Cute things that reminded me of my son.

I walked away feeling almost more torn than before when i never knew him. I had good intentions about trying to stay in contact with him. But life moves on. I got pregnant again. I got a new job. He doesn't know how to write very well. So he wasn't able to write me letters and he doesn't have access to a computer so no email. And I hated talking to him on the phone too emotional and he goes back to mom bashing. I looked the other day to see if I still had his address somewhere so I could send him a card with a picture of his new grandson and I couldn't find his address. Honestly I don't even know if his alive..

Sad but true.

I did have 2 different step-dads growing up that did a fantastic job. But they have both passed away. My first step-dad died when I was 17 and the 2nd died when I was 28. So at least he was able to met my DS1 and he was a great grandpa to him.

Christy644
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 8:07 AM
Nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenniferlee_12
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Yes I am.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)