Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many times have you moved in your life? Why?

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 3:04 PM
  • 22 Replies

How many times have you moved? Why?

by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamacalifornia
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 3:05 PM

I have moved 4 times

The first time my dad got a new job so moved to a new town, then my parents bought a new house in a different town, I turned 18 moved out with my finance, then we bought our own house so 4 times.

snuggiewoogie
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 3:10 PM

1 time I moved out of the house I grew up in when I got married.....

Liansmommie
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 3:25 PM

I will be 42 in Sept. I have moved at least once for every year of my life, mostly because my parents were just a step ahead of bill collectors. They never would have managed today. What makes it weird is that at least four times in my life I have lived somewhere for five or more years.

.JuneDiva629.
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 4:09 PM

3 times. I grow up in Los Angeles, Ca and we moved when I was 13 to Atascadero, Ca. Then I moved out of my parents house when I meet my husband.

Then in 2000 we (my husband, my 3 kids at the time and myself) to Tennessee. We have been here ever since. 

mom_of_twingirl
by Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 4:13 PM
First time I moved it was because a fire destroyed out house, we moved in with my grandparebts then moved into another house after looking for something, then when i graduated we moved into my grandparents housr since they wanted something smaller, then got married move out, and then moved into this house. But I am looking to move out soon since we split and I dont want the house...
So I say 5, gonna be 6 by fall.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamacalifornia
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Wow! I bet you never want to move again!

Quoting Liansmommie:

I will be 42 in Sept. I have moved at least once for every year of my life, mostly because my parents were just a step ahead of bill collectors. They never would have managed today. What makes it weird is that at least four times in my life I have lived somewhere for five or more years.

mamacalifornia
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Tennessee is a big change from California, how do you like it?

Quoting .JuneDiva629.:

3 times. I grow up in Los Angeles, Ca and we moved when I was 13 to Atascadero, Ca. Then I moved out of my parents house when I meet my husband.

Then in 2000 we (my husband, my 3 kids at the time and myself) to Tennessee. We have been here ever since. 

mamacalifornia
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Are you planning on renting a house or an apt, ect...

Quoting mom_of_twingirl:

First time I moved it was because a fire destroyed out house, we moved in with my grandparebts then moved into another house after looking for something, then when i graduated we moved into my grandparents housr since they wanted something smaller, then got married move out, and then moved into this house. But I am looking to move out soon since we split and I dont want the house...

mom_of_twingirl
by Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 4:45 PM
right now not sure, i am looking into everything around here.

Quoting mamacalifornia:

Quoting mom_of_twingirl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamacalifornia
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Hope you find something soon!

Quoting mom_of_twingirl:

right now not sure, i am looking into everything around here.

Quoting mamacalifornia:

Quoting mom_of_twingirl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)