Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fall Fun Fall Fun

Jeremy's 365 Day Adventure- Blueberry Pickin'

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 3:10 PM
  • 7 Replies

We started off our 365 days of Adventure and Fun with a trip to Prewitt Berry Farm in Chatsworth, GA. With the expected high today reaching 106 degrees, I decided that an early morning trip would be best.

We didn't get started as early as I wanted to, but it was still pleasant outside. We were given a gallon bucket to put our blueberries in with instructions to taste the berries from the tree we picked from to see if we liked them.

At the beginning, I thought we might pick two gallons but after standing in the heat for ten minutes, I decided that one gallon would be plenty.

After about 35 minutes with the hot sun beaming down on us, Jeremy said that he couldn't pick anymore blueberries. In the end, we picked just under a gallon.

Know Before You Go- Prewitt Berry Farm is located at 1085 River Road, Chatsworth, GA 30705. Phone: 706-695-2261. They are open Thurday to Saturday from 8 am to 6 pm. They accept cash only and the 2012 prices are $ 8.00 per gallon if you pick and $20.00 per gallon if they pick.

Tips-
* To find other pick your own vegetables/fruit farms visit- http://pickyourown.org/
* Early morning is the best time to go.
* Call before you go to confirm the hours and prices. I had called two other farms and their blueberry season had already ended.
* $mart Mom Tip- If you and your children really enjoy picking the berries, but only want to pay for one gallon, offer to pick an extra gallon. Many farmers take these extra gallons to sell at Farmer's Markets. They may even give you a discount on the gallon that you purchase.

Jeremy's Journal

I went blueberry picking. It was easy to pick. It was kind of hot.

by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MichelleK41
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 3:47 PM

That looks like a lot of fun!

Christy644
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 4:28 PM

way cool!

Flaca43
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Sounds like fun!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kiwismommy19
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Fun!!!

EbonySnow
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 1:08 PM

looks like you had fun, nice haul

mamacalifornia
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 9:41 PM

MMMM Yummy! Looks like lots of fun!

Liansmommie
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 6:38 PM

How is the 365 adventure going? My school blog just had a huge write up about a family who did this over the last year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN