5 Delicious Things You Can Do With Peaches! Are you a peach fan?
When it comes to summertime eats, there's nothing I love indulging in more than fresh fruit. The sweet, refreshing taste is sheer perfection and not for nothing, but the low-cal treats keeps me feelin' fit for the occasional steamy beach trip. Wanna know what fruit I can't get enough of lately? Peaches.
Yeah yeah, they're delectable on their own -- but my obsession has encouraged me to find all different sorts of way to get my fruity fix.
From peach salsa and pastas to cocktails and smoothies -- take a look at 5 delicious things you can do with peaches this summer:
1. White peach sherbert: Sherbert is one of my favorite summer desserts. This recipe for white peach sherbert from Martha Stewart combines the sweet taste of peaches with lavender and peppermint for awesome treat.
2. Peach and mango salsa: Is there anything better than freshly made salsa? Highly debatable. This peach and mango salsa is the perfect addition to a summertime barbecue. Serve it alongside a few Coronas and you'll be everyone's favorite hostess.
3. Peach mojito: Peaches and mint go together like peanut butter and jelly. OK, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration. BUT -- how good does a peach mojito sound right about now? This thirst-quenching bev just screams to be sipped at sunset. Preferably on a friend's boat.
More from The Stir: Secrets to Chopping 5 Summer Fruits & Vegetables (VIDEO)
4. Grilled peach and tomato pasta: Warm peaches are just as scrumptious as their room temperature counterparts. This luscious recipe from Blue Kitchen for grilled peaches and tomatoes with whole grain pasta combines the fruit with garlic, whole grain pasta, and scallions among other yummy ingredients for a great dinner dish.
5. Peach, tomato, and feta salad: After seeing something similar in my local grocery store, I came up with a recipe of my own for what I like to call my signature summer salad. The sweet peaches are combated by the saltiness of the feta and balanced out with the crisp red onion. Literally I could survive on this and this alone.
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3 large peaches
- 1 medium sized red onion
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions: 1. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, the peaches into thin pieces, and peel and dice the red onion.
2. Toss your diced fruits and veggies with all other ingredients. Allow finished salad to sit in refrigerator for about 20 minutes, giving time for the flavors to meld.
What's your favorite fruit to eat in the summertime? Are you a peach fan?
Hungry? Need dinner ideas? Just love anything and everything food and recipes? Then you'll totally want to follow us on Pinterest! Our virtual pin boards on Kid Friendly Recipes and Sweet Treats are pure eye candy. Yum!
Image via Le Grande Farmers Market/Flickr