Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fall Fun Fall Fun

I'm just curious?

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:04 AM
  • 13 Replies

This is a very random question but, with some of the things that my husbands co-workers say sometimes, it makes me wonder what other people around me think...Since some of the things they say are so adorably clueless lol :) My question is...

--What is honestly your FIRST thought when you hear the words "Native American" or "Indian" or when you meet someone who IS Indian?--

by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MorningStarMom
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:11 AM

For me, I honestly don't think anything..I have no thought about it..Probably because my husband is Indian...Born and raised on a reservation...

My husbands co-workers are hilarious..Some call him Chief lol, others ask why his hair isn't long, some ask why he isn't as "dark as the Indians in the movies" lol-which is funny because he actually is, he gets asked if he can use peyote, and asked if he can give Indian names to people...all kinds of wierd questions...lol...I think it's kind of funny :)

MrsRinehart2010
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

The only person I know personally that is native american  , Im always jealous of how tan hhe is.

My husbnad has native american in him to an he always stays a nice tan color all year long. I always tell him I hate him because he stay so otan. Take in to consideration im not peach color I am  full blown white. ( honestly in the winter if I dont go tanning I am as white as shamus from wrestling im sure there are moms on here who know who im talking about lol)

MichelleK41
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 12:32 PM

My first thought is no different with any nationality I meet. I get to know someone, nationality never is a thought for me. We have all different nationalities in our family. =)

mamacalifornia
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Nothing because I am of Native Americann descent, my great great Grandma was a full blood Shasta Indian.

jenniferlee_12
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 1:53 PM

I don't have a thought when meeting them or hearing the word really. My sister once had a story she was telling and said Indian and we were like huh? She said the "ho ho ho" kind not the "kaboom!" kind. I know it is mean, but the story made sense afterwards.

Liansmommie
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Unless there is current topic in the conversation, I don't really think of anything.

.JuneDiva629.
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 3:05 PM

I really don't think of anything.

snuggiewoogie
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Don't really think much of it....

PEEK05
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I think of pow wows lol.  I went to a lot when I was younger.

PEEK05
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 5:46 PM

I had to sit and read this a couple of times before I got it lol.

For "ho ho ho" I couldn't think of anything other than Santa Claus.  Duh, I'm dumb. lol.

Quoting jenniferlee_12:

I don't have a thought when meeting them or hearing the word really. My sister once had a story she was telling and said Indian and we were like huh? She said the "ho ho ho" kind not the "kaboom!" kind. I know it is mean, but the story made sense afterwards.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN