Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fall Fun Fall Fun

If you rent?

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 4:00 PM
  • 8 Replies

If you rent your home, do you like your landlord?

by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MorningStarMom
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 4:07 PM

We rent..In the past I've had landlords that I just couldn't get along with but, the landlord we have now I really like...He has a building directly behind my house he's there every day, which when I first got into this house I thought that would bother me-but it doesn't, mostly because he's a really nice man...He's has children and grandchildren so I've noticed he has a fatherly instinct when it comes to me & my husband....He takes care of a stray neighborhood cat which has sort of become ours as well, because it hangs out at our house now :) He also does little things for us if we become too busy with our day to day routine-Like tending to the yard(not mowing, just picking up sticks and leaf blowin' etc) and putting our trash cans on the curb for trash day as well as bringing it back up..

cafay
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww. Thats really nice. I've had landlords that I liked but none did any of that stuff for me. We own now though.Sometimes, I wish we could rent!

.JuneDiva629.
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Yeah. She's alright. 

PEEK05
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Eh...lol.

sissyboogs
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 6:35 PM

We've been lucky. We've rented from a total of 4 different people, and we've never had a problem with any of them. 

Kiwismommy19
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 9:09 AM
He's great. He works with a lot of us on rent, I know I'm not the only one behind after talking to a couple of the neighbors. When I call about something needing fixed, he is usually there within the hour unless he's out of town. Then the guy that helps him is usually here within an hour or two. Plus he's just a very friendly guy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamacalifornia
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 4:09 PM

We own our own home and are planning on buying another home and renting this one out, I would like to be a good landlord so tell me what you all look & want in a landlord?!!?

MorningStarMom
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Quoting mamacalifornia:

We own our own home and are planning on buying another home and renting this one out, I would like to be a good landlord so tell me what you all look & want in a landlord?!!?

I just look for a landlord who is quick to fix things when they break, who isn't too nosey, and who is friendly..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)