Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fall Fun Fall Fun

--Question of the day 8/28--

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 12:21 AM
  • 14 Replies

Would you say you are picky when it comes to who you are friends with?

What is one quality a person has to have in order for you to be friends with them?

by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MorningStarMom
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I would say that I am very picky...There are so many things a person can do or say that can honestly, make me turn away from them..I won't tolerate anything but the best in the people I ALLOW to be in my life, and if they can't give the absolute best of themselves and make me feel like their presence in my life is positive, then the friendship will never work-I refuse negative energy from anyone..Also,I'm a very private person, so trust would be the most important quality a person would have to have in order for me to be friends with them....

MixedCooke
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this

yes--when I see that I am always there for them and they are never there for me then I kick them to the curb.  A sense of humor is high for me because I need someone that can take on my sarcastic humor without getting offended. 

Kiwismommy19
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 6:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Pretty picky. I've always thought a handful of totally awesome people was a lot better than a lot of semiawesome people. I don't allow just anyone to stay in my life. And as weird as it sounds, there are levels of friendships. Aquaintance (sp?), friend, good friend, really good friend and "oh wow we're of one brain best friend!". The last two are the ones I'll sit up all night with when they need help and not curse them the next day because I'm cranky :) And I know they'd do the same for me.
A sense of humor either similar to my own or understanding of it is important. I make innappropriate jokes, laugh at damn near anything and love the people in my life who can keep up with that and not just shake their head and say "huh?".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenniferlee_12
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I am because I don't trust people and see too many fake people. 

MorningStarMom
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Quoting jenniferlee_12:

I am because I don't trust people and see too many fake people. 

Same here...It's hard to tell who is real and who is fake for me, mostly because I have trusted people I didn't realize were the "fake friends" before..

SassyWildflower
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Not really. I can be friends with all kinds of people so long as they are respectful. I may not be super close to them, but friendly, I can do that.

It's taken me years to find one actual friend i'm close to and trust. I don't think there's just ONE quality that I expect to see in a person to be my friend..but respect is a huge factor.

i've had "friends" come and go for one reason or another. They've all been important to me at whatever point in my life that they were there, but we just didn't "fit" anymore, sometimes it just doesn't work out, so, you move on. 

PEEK05
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Eh...not really.  I give most everyone an equal chance.

cafay
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm pretty picky. I want to trust and after being burned several times, it's just become so hard.

snuggiewoogie
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

They have to have a good sense of humor.......

MichelleK41
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I can be picky and I am sure my friends would tell you that, LOL. Nothing to do with their outward appearances, more to do with trust.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)