Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any plans for Grandparents Day on Sunday?

Posted by   + Show Post

http://funhandprintart.blogspot.com/2011/09/grandparents-day-handprint-round-up.html

Grandparent's Day Handprint Round Up

I am always so amazed at all the fabulous ideas out there! Here are some fabulous ideas for Grandparent's Day:

Another idea I found via Pinterest, this Handprint Card melts my heart! The little handprint opens to expose a photo of the child and a precious little saying.

Isn't this Handprint Plaque adorable? I love how she wrote the names inside the handprints.

A mom of 3 boys made this Keepsake Handprint Picture.  I am loving how the colored squares added behind each handprint really make them pop. I am also totally loving the name of her blog! While your over there, check out the cool toilet paper tube superheroes, so creative!

Source: Kazsmom Kid Crafts on Etsy
What a super cute idea- a Grandparent's Day Hug Card! This craft kit comes where you can color in your hair or a hat and the precious poem is sure to brighten Grandma & Grandpa's Day! She has quite a few Letter of the Week craft kits available too.

How about making some Handprint or Footprint Keepsake Dish Towels? Ally even gives tips on where she buys hers.

I saw this Handprint Mason Jar Vase on Pinterest a few months ago and think it's absolutely gorgeous! She gives a great step-by-step tutorial on how she made this with her class.

A new spin on a classic Handprint Keepsake with a poem, the rainbow handprint makes it so colorful and fun!

by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 6:34 AM
Replies (11-20):
redbutterfly666
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 11:52 AM

its df's moms birthday today so were going over there :) df has been growing flowers for her for like a month

craftymomo2g
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 11:58 AM

We get cards and gift cards to various restaurants every year!

MichelleK41
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 12:59 PM

We went by Mommas yesterday and took her an USC garden style hat. Her guy friend is an USC fanatic so I told her now she could up him one, LOL!  I sent my Dad and SMom an ecard, they live a few hours from us.

diaperstodating
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 2:03 PM

We got them cards for Grandparents Day, but we don't have any plans.

tattdmom2prncss
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Nope! On my side, the grandpa is a pothead who lives 90 miles away & grandma & stepgrandpa live in Az, on DH's side grandma & stepgrandpa tried to barracade themselves in a room with DD when she was 9 mos old & I got into a fist fight with SGP so we dont associate with them and the other grandpa is drugged out and MIA most of the time. So, no celebrating today.

Candymonster
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 3:04 PM
It's my nephews birthday, so that's what were doing. But my sister and just had babies, so our grandma flew in to see them for the first time. Shell also be attending the party :)
saral2790
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 5:47 PM

i don't celebrate grandparents day. they don't have anything to do with me conceiving a child so it's not like they had anything to do with becoming grandparents. why should they get a day? i only get them something on mother's day and father's day

SassyWildflower
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Nope. I'm not close to any of the grandparents i have =/

smokisses
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 6:26 PM
We had a cook out and i made a card for them. Yesterday, we all went to a dock on the beach and ate dinner, and my dad told me he would adopt me. It has been a wonderful weekend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cutestmom24
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I sent my inlaws a card and dolphins decal stickers from bella.
and bella gave grandma and great grandma roses
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)