Today is US Constitution Day and Citizenship Day
have included the first 20 of the 100 possible questions asked on the
Naturalization Test (answers in the first reply). To pass a person must
answer 6 out of ten random questions from the whole list. To see all of
the questions click HERE How would you do?
() indicates how many answers there are to the question.
A. Principles of American Democracy
1. What is the supreme law of the land?
2. What does the Constitution do? (3)
3. The idea of self-government is in the first three words of the Constitution. What are these words?
4. What is an amendment? (2)
5. What do we call the first ten amendments to the Constitution?
6. What is one right or freedom from the First Amendment? (5)
7. How many amendments does the Constitution have?
8. What did the Declaration of Independence do? (3)
9. What are two rights in the Declaration of Independence? (3)
10. What is freedom of religion?
11. What is the economic system in the United States? (2)
12. What is the "rule of law"? (4)
B. System of Government
13. Name one branch or part of the government. (5)
14. What stops one branch of government from becoming too powerful? (2)
15. Who is in charge of the executive branch?
16. Who makes federal laws? (3)
17. What are the two parts of the U.S. Congress?*
18. How many U.S. Senators are there?
19. We elect a U.S. Senator for how many years?
20. Who is one of your state's U.S. Senators?*