Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fall Fun Fall Fun

How do you make an everyday activity a special occasion?

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 2:58 PM
  • 62 Replies
4 moms liked this

As the fall weather sets in, some moms head to the kitchen to make their favorite baked goods.

We gave our influencer moms a VISA gift card and asked them to bake Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookies with their kids.

Stay tuned to read what our moms are saying about this experience with their kids. Then, tell us how you make an everyday activity a special occasion for your kids. 

Happy Baking.

( ) CafeMom Team

by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CafeMom Team
by Group Owner on Sep. 28, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Here are what some of our influencers are saying:

RADMomma says:
DD LOVED that we could just open the package and put the sugar cookies on the baking sheet. She could do this all by herself (shes 5) and thought it was the greatest thing ever. DD and I LOVE to spend time together in the kitchen baking goodies. Pillsbury made this time much easier and more fun as well.

Janet says:
We had such a wonderful time baking cookies together! It was my two boys ages 7 and 9 and I. They were so excited! I let them put the cookies put on the cookie tray and I put them in the oven and set it for 10 minutes. Then we all sat down to chocolate chip cookies and milk. What a wonderful treat!

Keep on reading for more great stories from our influencers.

( ) CafeMom Team

RADmomma
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 5:12 PM

I'm Sara. My daughter Raegan and I LOVE to bake. We like to bake cookies, breads and cupcakes the most.

We enjoy apple picking, pumpkin patches and being outside as the leaves change color in the fall.

We have tried Philsbury cookies before... and we are super excited to try the holiday ones this year thanks to the Philsbury influencer!!

Nothing like the smell of cookies in the oven while it warms up the house... Ok a glass of cold milk and fresh baked cookies are right up there too!!

PEEK05
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Mmmm yummy, too bad I wasn't a part of this influencer lol.

charlene_kyle
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Hi! I am Charlene and I have two wonderful children. DD who is 4 and DS who will be 6 in October. Our family loves to do all kinds of outdoor fall activities together. We love going to the pumpkin patch, to the apple orchards and all fun things that come with Halloween and Thanksgiving.

Both of our children LOVE to help in the kitchen. They love helping with cookies and cakes. They love helping with mixing and splitting up the cookie dough.  We have not tried pillsbury cookie products yet.

We are so excited to try it out. Our kids favorite is chocolate chip so they will be thrilled to help.

Rushn311
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 8:20 PM

My name is Cindy. I have two kids. Caitlin is almost 10 come November. And my son conner just turned 5.

In the fall we love going to the pumpkin patch, and I think we will try to go to the apple orchard too. The kids and I have gone, but not my hubby. We also like picking costumes, decorating for Halloween inside/outside and finally carving the pumpkins. Can't forget about trick or treating too!

My kids love baking cookies for Christmas especially. They like to do the different shapes and of course eating them!!!

Pillsbury is the only brand of ready made cookies we buy and we love it. It's simple and sooooo good!

.JuneDiva629.
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 8:59 PM
I know. me too:-)

Quoting PEEK05:

Mmmm yummy, too bad I wasn't a part of this influencer lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maries_Mom23
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Hi!  I'm Alice, mommy to Marie (age 8) and Madison (age 5).  

Marie will initially tell you fall is her favorite season since her birthday is in October.  LOL...

But, both girls LOVE the fall.  They love watching the leaves change colors, carving pumpkins, painting pumpkins, hearing the leaves crunch under their feet.  Their favorite thing to do comes up next weekend.  The pumpkin festival is roughly 35 minutes away.  They love the pumpkin patch and all of the yummy foods to try (apple butter, salsas, etc).  

We have had Pillsbury cookies countless times in the past.  We love their holiday sugar cookies.  What kid can pass up cookies with hearts, Christmas trees, pumpkins, a bunny or any other cute shape in them?  

I received my package this morning, right before I made a trip to Wal Mart and couldn't help but buy 4 boxes of sugar cookies!  I bought pumpkins, spooky cats, ghosts and Cinderella shoes!  

My girls LOVE helping me bake!  They've always been a big help in the kitchen, so, they are psyched to bake these cute cookies!

countrygirlkat
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Hi everybody!  My name is Kathleen and I am a 31 year old SAHM to three boys ages 7, 5 and 18 months and wife to my wonderful DH for the past 8.5 years.  We are a very active family who loves to be outside and spend time together.  Fall is one of our favorite times because it isn't too hot to be outside and it isn't too cold to be outside, lol.  We love to hike, ride our horses, take walks, go to the park, and do just about anything else active we can find. 

While we love being outside, another favorite time for me and my kids is the time spent inside the kitchen.  My kids are at such a fun age still where they love to feel like they are helping me do things and cooking and baking is one of the most fun. While they enjoy helping with both, I do believe the kids like helping with baking the most because the finished products are always so yummy! 

We have had Pillsbury cookies before but not for a few years probably because we have been on a tight budget and have just made cookies from scratch for awhile.  I am really looking forward to trying them again though because with the kids older now I think they will be able to do most of it on their own(with my supervision of course, lol) and I think they will really think that is cool that they made them without help.  I am so excited for this influencer and I already told the kids and they are excited as well!  Thank you CM and Pillsbury for this chance to make memories with my family.  I can't wait to come back and tell everybody all about it!

alliesmom112
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Hi I am Sandy and I have a 4 year old little girl named Allie. Allie is most gefinitely my little kitchen helper. Atleast once a week we are baking something cookies, cupcakes, cake, cinnamon rolls.

In the fall we love to spend lots of time outside. We like to pick apples, go on hikes, picnics in the park. We have a pumkin patch we visit every October. 

We have tried Pilsbury cookies before and we love them. We just made the Minnie Mouse cookies for a back to school treat. I am so excited that we were chosen for this influencer. We love baking together, it is a great way that we bond and I use the time to teach Allie about giving when we make baskets and plates to give to our neighbors and friends. 

Madelaine
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 10:38 PM

My name is Madelaine and my two oldest girls, Emily who is 13 and Sarah who is 9 LOVE to bake!  My two year old son is just starting to help us and he loves to bake too. 

We like to go to the pumpkin patch during the Fall months and look at animals and pick out pumpkins.   We like to make cookies the most!

We love everything Pillsbury and are so excited to make cookies!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)