Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fall Fun Fall Fun

How do you make an everyday activity a special occasion?

Posted by   + Show Post

As the fall weather sets in, some moms head to the kitchen to make their favorite baked goods.

We gave our influencer moms a VISA gift card and asked them to bake Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookies with their kids.

Stay tuned to read what our moms are saying about this experience with their kids. Then, tell us how you make an everyday activity a special occasion for your kids. 

Happy Baking.

( ) CafeMom Team

by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 2:58 PM
Replies (21-30):
onecuteladybug2
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Hi, I'm K. I have two kids, a 15 year old daughter and an almost 5 year old son who just happens to have Autism. In the fall, we really enjoy going apple picking and choosing pumpkins for carving. When it comes to DD, we like to experiment with different recipes and make all sorts of different things, especially fresh breads. However, with my son, the simpler the recipe, the better. So, Pillsbury cookies are pretty popular around here. They are simple enough to bake without overwhelming my son.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

daerca574
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:17 PM

UPS dropped by gift card by on the 3rd.  I went to the grocery store and they actually were running a sale on the  cookie dough!  I was excited.  I bought the chocolate chunk, chocolate, chip, and the peanut butter cup cookies.  (I also bought oatmeal raisin) The minute I pulled them out of the bag my 5 year old was super excited.  he got the cookie sheet out and We pre-heated the oven.  the fact that he could "bake" the cookies himself was an amazing feeling for him.  We had a great conversation while the cookies were baking.  As soon as they were out of the oven we had a glass of milk and ate cookies together.  My son told me they were the best cookies ever because we made them together.  I really enjoyed the ease of them, and the fact that they taste good is a plus too!.  We will be getting these again I am certain!  Thanks Pillsbury and Thanks Cafemom! 

TerriC
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:29 PM

This is what I bought with the gift card!  =-)

The girls were so excited to make the chocolate chip cookies, I basically let them do it by themselves with a tiny bit of assistance from me.

Yum!  Daddy and the girls ready to enjoy some chocolate chip cookies.  The girls were so thrilled with their cookies, they asked me to buy more so they can make them again.  This mix was really easy for the girls to actually do most of it alone and they loved that.  I can not wait to bake the other cookie items we got!  The girls want to buy more of the chocolate chip cookie mix and make the cookie cake it showed on the box!  Thank you for letting us be a part of this program!

mamacalifornia
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:47 PM

My kids & I loved the chocolate chip cookies they were delish!! Since my children are 10 & 8 they did the entire thing by themselves while I preheated the oven, put them in the oven & took them out!

We are looking forward to trying the refrigerated Halloween cookies and I plan on buying some of their cake mixes to make Cobblers with!!

Rushn311
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:04 PM

I hope getting the refridgerated kinds were okay because I didn't know that there was dry mixes. LOL We bought 4 refridgerated kinds, and 2 new baking sheets . Thanks Cafemom and Pillsbury!!!

My son and daughter put the dough onto  the pans. It was a little hard for my son but once I broke them apart for him, he did it no problem.

We only made two of the refridgerated kinds today, we plan on doing the others this weekend.

cookies we made today

My daughter and son both think the cookies are  AHH-MAZING!! :D

countrygirlkat
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:20 PM

This was such a fun influencer for the kids!  We recieved our gift card and headed to the grocery store.  With the gift card we bought one package of chocolate chip cookies, two packages of sugar cookies, two kinds of frosting, sprinkles, colored decorating frosting and canola oil spray for the cookie sheets.

When we got home the kids helped me spray the pans and place the cookie dough on the pans.  Then we stuck them in the oven.  They loved it because basically they were able to do it all on their own(with my supervision of course, lol).  The chocolate chip cookies came out nice and soft which was awesome and just how we like them.  The sugar cookies are good but they came out kind of hard which is how DH likes them but I like them a little softer.  They tasted great though.  The kids decorated their sugar cookies and had so much fun doing it! It was an easy and fun project and a yummy one too.

Here are some pictures from the night.  Thank you CM and Pillsbury!

alliesmom112
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:07 PM

We got our gift card and we bought a variety of Pillsbury cookies including the original chocolate chip, Halloween Mickey Mouse and Cinderella, and the Limited Edition Mini Hershey Kisses cookies.

they were super easy to make just break and bake. DD is 4 and she was able to line them up on the pan the way she wanted them. She was so excited and couldn't wait to bake them 

They cooked in about 10 minutes and were delicious!! DD loved them and couldn't wait to make even more. She loved that they were so big

thanks to cafemom and pillsbury for this great influencer. We can't wait to bake the other cookies we got too. 

charlene_kyle
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:20 PM

I got chosen for the Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookies We had so much fun making our cookies today! It is cold and rainy here today so today was the perfect day to stay at home and bake cookies.

I got the Halloween chocolate chip cookies!

My kids LOVE helping in the kitchen.

The ready to bake cookies were great. They were so easy and we had no mess to clean up. It was easy for the kids to help.

The cookies baked quickly and were perfect!

Of course eating them was the most fun =)

We love the cookies! I will most definitely buy them again. They were super easy and tasted great! I love that the kids can just pull them apart instead of having a huge mess. I love that there is no clean up involved!

Thank you so much for the oppurtunity, my kids had a blast!!

RADmomma
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:38 AM

My daughter Raegan and & I have been baking cookies all weekend!!!

We got the ready made chocolate chip dough, a package of spooky ghost sugar cookies, the pumpkin and black cat designs too!

DD LOVED that we could just open the package and put the sugar cookies on the baking sheet. She could do this all by herself (shes 5) and thought it was the greatest thing ever. They baked quickly and make the house smell so yummy. We really liked that they stayed soft but the bottom had a tiny bit of crunch.

We also baked the chocolate chip cookies which was much easier than making the batter. They baked well, but spread a little more than I expected and were done a few minutes before the directions said... (may have been the baking sheet I was using) But they tasted just fine!!

DD and I LOVE to spend time together in the kitchen baking goodies. Philsbury made this time much easier and more fun as well. Thank you CafeMom and Philsbury!!

Maries_Mom23
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:35 AM

We have been baking up a storm, thanks to CM and Pillsbury!  

My girls LOVE the place and bake sugar cookies!  Especially around the holidays with all of the cool designs!  We bought the cat, ghost, pumpkin and Cinderella slippers!  And they are going fast!  The girls love that they can place them on the pan themselves and not have to wait long for delicious sugar cookies!  They LOVE them!  So far, we have the Cinderella slippers and cat ones left.  They may make it until the end of the week!  Or not!  :)

Thanks so much CM and Pillsbury!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)