Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fall Fun Fall Fun

How do you make an everyday activity a special occasion?

Posted by   + Show Post

As the fall weather sets in, some moms head to the kitchen to make their favorite baked goods.

We gave our influencer moms a VISA gift card and asked them to bake Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookies with their kids.

Stay tuned to read what our moms are saying about this experience with their kids. Then, tell us how you make an everyday activity a special occasion for your kids. 

Happy Baking.

( ) CafeMom Team

by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 2:58 PM
Replies (31-40):
Madelaine
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:16 PM

We got our gift card and went to WalMart immediately for our Pillsbury cookie dough!  My daughter Emily picked out the sugar cookie dough that is shaped like pumpkins, my daughter Sarah picked the cats and Alex who is 2 picked the ghosts.  I got another package of cats because they are my favorite pet and the cookies were really cute too.  So home we went and the two oldest handled the baking part of it.  My son and I watched and they let him put the cookie dough on the pans too.  The cookies were fabulous!  Between my family and the girls' friends that came to play over the weekend the four packages of cookies didnt even last two days!  We will definitely be buying more!

fineyouguyswin
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Well so far we are having so much fun with this! I normally don't buy a lot of goodies at once but with 2 birthdays in one week we decided to take the giftcard and see how many different pilsbury items we could buy :O) we went to the store and picked out Cheesecake brownies, crossants( double pack), biscuits(3 kinds), 2 different types of precut cookies with imprints(can't think of the actual name right now.lol), Peanubutter cookies and of course CHOCOLATE CHIP!

So far we have made the brownies. My kids had so much fun swirling the cheesecake inside the brownies.lol But they are having more fun eating them! We made a special breakfast Saturday for my princesses 5th birthday she got to open and put the bicuits on the tray. I have to say though I miss the massive pop of the biscuit cans ;o) now they aren't as much fun.lol

mrskathleen
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:28 AM

i used to make pancakes for breakfast or muffins for breakfast  and cakes for birthdays. take them to the show on  fridays. or the park and library mrskathleen

itsblissmas
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:44 AM

When it comes to baking I try to make different things. I have my favorite things to make but it's fun to see the kids try a variety of baked goodies.

gacgbaker
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:10 PM

We make sure to do those activities together as much as possible, making sure to include each other can really make things special!

Janet
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:00 PM

We had such a wonderful time baking cookies together! It was my two boys ages 7 and 9 and I. They were so excited! I let them put the cookies put on the cookie tray and I put them in the oven and set it for 10 minutes. The whole house smelled so good. The boys couldn't wait for them to be done. Then after about 10 minutes I took them out of the oven and let them cool down. Then we all sat down to chocolate chip cookies and milk. What a wonderful treat! Thanks CafeMom and Pillsbury!

LancesMom
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Fall is my fav time of year. I love to start cooking comfort foods, baked meals and goodies. And love to bake for the holidays!

babyboxfish
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:41 AM

It's so nice to slow down around this time of year to bake fun holiday themed things and really get into the spirit.

Quoting LancesMom:

Fall is my fav time of year. I love to start cooking comfort foods, baked meals and goodies. And love to bake for the holidays!

babyboxfish
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Chocolate chip cookies are the best thing to cook together :)

Cafe Amber
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I think everyday activities can be special by taking the time to include your kids in them instead of trying to rush and get everything done. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)