Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fall Fun Fall Fun

How do you make an everyday activity a special occasion?

Posted by   + Show Post

As the fall weather sets in, some moms head to the kitchen to make their favorite baked goods.

We gave our influencer moms a VISA gift card and asked them to bake Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookies with their kids.

Stay tuned to read what our moms are saying about this experience with their kids. Then, tell us how you make an everyday activity a special occasion for your kids. 

Happy Baking.

( ) CafeMom Team

by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 2:58 PM
Replies (41-50):
onecuteladybug2
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:16 AM

My son and I baked up some of the ready to bake sugar and chocolate chip cookies together last night. We bought the sugar cookies, two different types of chocolate chip cookies, and some cinnamon rolls (which we baked on our waffle maker over the weekend). We used some Halloween themed sprinkles and decorations. My son really enjoyed helping to get the dough onto the cookie sheets and sprinkling the sugar onto the sugar cookies. He wasn't as interested in baking the chocolate chip cookies because he couldn't really decorate them. He has sensory issues and didn't care too much for the stickiness, though I have to say the ready to bake cookies are less sticky than the logs I have purchased in the past.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Reina13
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:23 PM

We love to bake.

We will get the dough and make  shapes with it by hand or we will get out cookie cutters and have fun that way.

iluv2read
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Yum! I love baking cookies with the kids!

♥ ♥   I love to read. ♥ ♥

iluv2read
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:00 PM

How cute!

Quoting onecuteladybug2:

My son and I baked up some of the ready to bake sugar and chocolate chip cookies together last night. We bought the sugar cookies, two different types of chocolate chip cookies, and some cinnamon rolls (which we baked on our waffle maker over the weekend). We used some Halloween themed sprinkles and decorations. My son really enjoyed helping to get the dough onto the cookie sheets and sprinkling the sugar onto the sugar cookies. He wasn't as interested in baking the chocolate chip cookies because he couldn't really decorate them. He has sensory issues and didn't care too much for the stickiness, though I have to say the ready to bake cookies are less sticky than the logs I have purchased in the past.

amonkeymom
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:49 PM

We make if fun... turn on some music and dance away while we're doing housework, baking/cooking, etc.

NearSeattleMom
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Quoting onecuteladybug2:

Those look delicious!

Colter
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:19 PM

What is an "influencer"?  (and how do I get signed up?)

tramcd
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:18 PM

We made all our yummy cookies from Pillsbury! First, here is the picture of everything we bought to make different kinds of cookies.

We started with making the peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies first.  Here are my two mouses helping me.

The kids loved the chocolate chip cookies. The peanut butter cookies were a bigger hit.  I loved that the simply peanut butter cookies had no artificial flavors, colors, or preservates and no high fructose corn syrup. I do have to say the simply cookies cost more then the regular cookies with all these things in them, but it is a good option if you like foods without all the extra bad stuff in them.

Next up we made sugar cookies with the following candy baked inside of them.

I have seen this idea on pinterest and thought it was a great time to try it out.  The sugar cookies with rolos were not a hit with the kids because they don't like rolos but I sure loved them.  They loved the cookies with the peanut butter cups baked inside and ate them up real fast.  I also let the kids decorate a few of the sugar cookies with icing and sprinkles on them for another fun option.

The kids loved being able to take the chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies out of the package themself and put them on the tray to cook.  I had to help a bit more with the sugar cookies that had candy in them to make sure the candy was covered my cookie dough.  My kids are used to make cookies from scratch so they were a bit disappointed that there was not more to do then just stick dough on cookies sheets and then deocrating the sugar cookies.  They love helping measure, pour, and mix ingredients.  I think we would buy Pillsbury cookies again if we need cookies real quick without a mess, but we will still be making our cookies from scratch most of the time. We plan on doing a lot more baking over the rest of the fall and winter.

NearSeattleMom
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:16 AM

My daughter loves to hang out with me in the kitchen.  We usually make pumpkin cut-out cookies at this time of year.

happy halloween

jennmarie77
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Looks like so much fun. Thanks for sharing.

Quoting TerriC:

This is what I bought with the gift card!  =-)

The girls were so excited to make the chocolate chip cookies, I basically let them do it by themselves with a tiny bit of assistance from me.

Yum!  Daddy and the girls ready to enjoy some chocolate chip cookies.  The girls were so thrilled with their cookies, they asked me to buy more so they can make them again.  This mix was really easy for the girls to actually do most of it alone and they loved that.  I can not wait to bake the other cookie items we got!  The girls want to buy more of the chocolate chip cookie mix and make the cookie cake it showed on the box!  Thank you for letting us be a part of this program!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN