Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fall Fun Fall Fun

How early is too early?

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 11:51 AM
  • 21 Replies

When do you start decorating the inside of your home for Christmas?..How early is too early to decorate in your opinion?

by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleK41
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I guess it would depend on each person based on what they like. =)

MorningStarMom
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 11:54 AM

I usually start decorating and putting up the tree on November 1st, but last year we had it up before Halloween...LOL...I don't think there's a TOO early for ME...lol...I'll probably have our tree up by sometime next month again :) I'm already re-doing the living room to fit in a place for the tree when the time is right :)

SassyWildflower
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 11:55 AM

anytime before halloween. Gotta do up halloween first!!..lOl..After that, i say go for it!

ZOOMZOOMCANTOR
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Some people leave their stuff up (lights etc) year round so I guess is never to early for some people just depends on when you want to to flip the switch lol

PEEK05
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:36 PM

December 1 is when we start.

Liansmommie
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Before Thanksgiving. Christmas is officially the period of time starting black friday, ending Jan 2.

Bella14308
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I start decorating for christmas the day after thanksgiving. anytime before that is too early
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.JuneDiva629.
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 4:17 PM

I start December 1st.

TwinMomma122304
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't typically decorate before Thanksgiving.  I think anytime before November 1 is too early, but sometimes people have good reason for doing it early (an ill family member, someone who is being deployed and won't be home for Christmas, honoring a loved one's wish, etc).

cafay
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Since I've had Luke, I do it on Black Friday. We have a very small house, so I start moving things around in late Nov, to make room for the tree. And we chop down our own at a Christmas tree farm, and we always go to pick it out right after Halloween.And then go pick it up sometime in early Dec., depending on the weather. It's all very scientific! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)