Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fall Fun Fall Fun

Traditions?

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:23 AM
  • 12 Replies

Does your family have any holiday traditions? (for Halloween, Thanksgiving, or Christmas)

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cafay
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Good Morning! well, since we live in an area with very few kids, we go down to my sisters for Halloween. She lives in a row home and its like the city. In very little time, you can get tons of candy! And we make a meal together. Whatever it is, I just make gross names for it. We trade doing Thanksgiving. And as far as Christmas,we cut down our own tree. But I'm still searching for  some special ones that we can do. I had so many when I was little, but for one reason or other we can't do them anymore. So I would like to start a new tradition or 2.

MorningStarMom
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Well, for Halloween--Dress the kids up, take them trick-or-treating, come home and watch Halloween movies together and pig out on candy..lol

Thanksgiving-We go to my moms every year.

Christmas--We usually bake something together on Christmas Eve-cookies, a cake or whatever...The kids get their stocking Christmas eve night, while we're watching Christmas movies, they'll play with their new stuff til we fall asleep on the living room floor together :) Christmas day, we wake up early, and open gifts...They play all morning while me and hubby cook dinner together :)

MorningStarMom
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Quoting cafay:

Good Morning! well, since we live in an area with very few kids, we go down to my sisters for Halloween. She lives in a row home and its like the city. In very little time, you can get tons of candy! And we make a meal together. Whatever it is, I just make gross names for it. We trade doing Thanksgiving. And as far as Christmas,we cut down our own tree. But I'm still searching for  some special ones that we can do. I had so many when I was little, but for one reason or other we can't do them anymore. So I would like to start a new tradition or 2.

That's what I would love to do this year, I would LOVE to have a few more traditions of our own..

cutestmom24
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:09 AM
I watch Halloween movies with dd all month long aleast this will be a new tradition I want to start.I Also take her to get her Halloween pic taken and on Halloween I'm taking her to our churches Halloween party.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cafay
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Quoting MorningStarMom:I want to in the worst way. I don't know what though!

Quoting cafay:

That's what I would love to do this year, I would LOVE to have a few more traditions of our own..

cutestmom24
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:13 AM
I watch Halloween movies with dd all month long aleast this will be a new tradition I want to start.I Also take her to get her Halloween pic taken and on Halloween I'm taking her to our churches Halloween party.(as my hubby. Is up in maryland I really. Dont want to start any real traditions.hopefully next yr dd and I will be living with him and we could start some fun traditions)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamacalifornia
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:51 PM

For Halloween we go trick or treating with my sisters & their kids, for Christmas we go tree cutting with my sisters up in the mountains.

otoole
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:49 PM

this is my first halloween as a single mom with a  22month old and a 7month old so i will making them this year :)

momofsixangels
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Yes we do.At Halloween we always go to the church and have tons of fun and then I walk around the neighborhood with the kids and we hit every house.It takes about 1 1/2 hours. ForThanksgiving we always make chex mix.My Mom always did this so now we do.We also make dried beef rolls.So yummy. For Christmas we have lots of food (snack types) on Christmas Eve and the kids get to open one present.Christmas day we get up early and the kids open presents.Then we have a big meal.For every holiday we always have 4-5 bottle of welches sparkling juice.My Mom always had this too.We drive around and look at all the lights and then have hot chocolate.We also have days where we just bake and days where we make holiday crafts.And of course we have the red and green paper chain for Christmas.We also are doing the pickle ornament this year

annasmom1234
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:28 AM

DD and I always decorate a gingerbread "something" (like a house, tree, etc..) for Christmas.  Our family always puts the tree up and decorate the house the day after Thanksgiving (cookies and Christmas music are a must while decorating!).  My grandmother had a gumdrop tree that she passed down to me, and me and dd always decorate that and put it out.  We always read the Christmas story out of Luke in the Bible on Christmas Eve.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN