If your trick-or-treaters need a sturdy bag to haul their loot, you can create one using an ordinary paper bag. Not only does it hold a king's ransom of goodies, but it's also constructed with safety in mind.
Making a Trick-or-Treat Bag
Paper grocery bag
Ruler or tape measure
1. Use the scissors to trim 4 inches from the top of the grocery bag. Cut a 50-inch piece of duct tape and lay it down, tacky side up. Cut an additional two 2-inch pieces; set aside for later.
2. Make guide marks with the pencil down the front and back of the bag, 2 inches in from the sides. Make marks on the inside of the bag, as well, 2 inches from each corner.
3. Position the bottom of the bag over one end of the tape; the tape should be 2 inches in from the side. Slowly tip the bag onto the tape, using the marks inside the bag as a guide. Place a 2-inch piece of duct tape on the inside of the bag where the handle begins. Place another 2-inch piece about 9 inches down the tape. Fold this portion of tape in half to create the handle. Use a bone folder to smooth out the bubbles.
4. Carefully flip the bag over. Attach the remaining tape to opposite side using the guide marks. Repeat for the back of the bag.
5. Cut four pieces of reflective tape that are equal to the height of the bag. Center the reflective tape on top of the duct tape. Do this step on the front and back. For extra strength, double bag.