Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fall Fun Fall Fun

How do you entertain during the holidays?

Posted by   + Show Post

Entertaining for your family and friends during the holidays can be a bit stressful but it doesn't have to be. We gave 20 CafeMom members a $100 gift card and various Dixie Ultra products to use for their holiday entertaining. Whether it's an everyday meal or you're entertaining guests, new Dixie designs always make a good impression!

Tell us about your family. How do you entertain during the holidays?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 4:27 PM
Replies (121-130):
MissKim3
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:15 PM

I don't.  We go other places.  I hate having people who annoy me in my home (besides my family) and the holidays are overwhelming and outdone... there's too much fakeness and happiness and especially togetherness.  But it's something we gotta do (I do it for my kids, and to not offend anyone else) so might as well do all the holiday celebrating somewhere else and make them clean up afterwards.  Love having bedtime as an excuse to leave early! :)

patrice215
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:32 PM
Mamabear2cubs hi
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
batjmom
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:14 AM

I try to keep a lot of extra quick appetizers to make for last minute get together

MarleighsMommy
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 2:36 AM
We're having Christmas breakfast the day after Christmas this year at our new place. I have gone through a pretty rough divorce over the last two years and the ex-husband and I used to host Christmas breakfast every year for our families. This will be the first year I've done this in 3 years. Luckily, my life has GREATLY improved this year. My new SO and I just added a two week old baby boy to our clan on November 28th (I have two girls, ages 6 & 4) and he has a 16 year old daughter. We upgraded to a bigger apartment just last week and I'm so excited to be spending our first Christmas with both of our families, all of our girls, and our sweet baby boy. Life is good. :) Merry Christmas Cafemom! This is a really cool thing y'all are doing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JTMOM422
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Normally we cook a big holiday meal at my house and we spend the day together. My mother is Korean and when we were younger we would get together and make eggrolls. My 3 sister, me and my mom.  This year we have decided to spend Christmas Eve making eggrolls. There are 20 of us around here so that ends up being around 600 eggrolls. Lot's of work but good food and a family bond that is eternal.

cafay
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 7:03 PM

I was lucky enough to be a Dixie Influencer for this one. But it was a no brainer for me. When we bought our house, we didnt know the well was running dry. So Ive been using Dixie for months on every special occasion. I cant say enough about Dixie.They are strong and sturdy, my six yr old carries them through the house, without them breaking or sagging and getting food all over the floor. Ive tried the cheaper ones. You have to use 2 or 3  so they wont leak through, and they sag. Dixie never has. I can depend on them. They come in a variety of patterns, and I love the new ones they sent me in the mail. Very pretty! And they make cleanup a breeze, so I can spend time with my family and friends, where I want to be, instead of in the kitchen cleaning dishes. I just got done celebrating my sons 6th birthday, and thanks to Dixie,it was fun,pretty and easy. Thanks Dixie! You're the best!

Tiredmom53
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:46 PM

No my husband works for the Post Office and he is so exhausted when he gets home we do not do anything. BTW he works 7 days a week from Thanksgiving to christmas Eve to process all the packages that come in.

beehive7
by New Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 6:25 PM
We love to get together and hang out. I usually make the main dish and our friends bring the sides. Wheather it's chips and dip or a warm side dish we all pitch in! Plus each one of us ladies choose buy a wine or our fav alcoholic beverage and share amongst the group. Sometimes one of us bring a bottle of tequila for shots! The hubbys just kick back and watch us ladies get loca and chatty we always have a good time!
Shelly126
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 3:45 PM
I host thanksgiving and Christmas eve every year. Its all about fun, food and family, i decorate the house for the holidays, from turkeys and leaves to Christmas trees, wreathes, lights, snowmen the nativity set and nutcrackers!
I love to entertain so I have a big spread and lots of family and friends! To me that's what makes the holidays so special!
Shelly126
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Quoting Tiredmom53:

No my husband works for the Post Office and he is so exhausted when he gets home we do not do anything. BTW he works 7 days a week from Thanksgiving to christmas Eve to process all the packages that come in.

Thanks to your hubby for all his hard work! This time of year he should be appreciated more than ever!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)