Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fall Fun Fall Fun

How do you entertain during the holidays?

Posted by   + Show Post

Entertaining for your family and friends during the holidays can be a bit stressful but it doesn't have to be. We gave 20 CafeMom members a $100 gift card and various Dixie Ultra products to use for their holiday entertaining. Whether it's an everyday meal or you're entertaining guests, new Dixie designs always make a good impression!

Tell us about your family. How do you entertain during the holidays?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 4:27 PM
Replies (101-110):
dusky_rose
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:47 PM

I go down to visit my older children and on Christmas we have a big Christmas dinner together.

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

ZakkarysMom
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:39 PM
I hosted Thanksgiving at my sister's house because I live in an apartment. Including her children and boyfriend, and mine..i had my dad and some cousins over. It was nice to have everyone together. My sister said the Dixie plates held up great. They arent flimsy like the competitors. And the designs were perfect for the occassion. The kids did a good job with holding their plates. Usually the plates cave in and everything is on the floor. Not with these. My family and I will buy Dixie products again for sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
batjmom
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:53 AM

What a fun project.   We buy Dixie plates at Costco because it makes for much easier clean up for all the Holiday parties we host

datcrazyhoe
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Good food, booze, tunes and games!!

Angelbaby84
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:43 AM
I just need some help for chirtmas I have no money for my little girls to have a Christmas that's all please. Someone to help ok
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KylesMonkey
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:50 PM

My husband and I are having a Funky Formal party.  Old Bridesmaid dresses, Horrible Prom Dresses.  Leisure suits... anything you wouldn't be caught dead in.  We are also having a "Cheeseball wall"  Everyone is bringing a homemade cheeseball for appetizers.  We're doing White Elephant gift exchange, seasonal cocktails, and tree trimming!  I can't wait!

divinedimension
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:39 PM

I make some hot cocoa...then I add some kahlua. Then kick everyone out and get drunk. 

Just kidding! laughing

In all seriously, we don't do parties. It's just us and the kids.

TakeASip
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:04 PM

My mom usually bbq's for the family so I go to her house and we exchange gifts and enjoy each others company. Sometime it turns into a party if the egg nog gets the flowing.

My blog of my life and my interest and to share things with other moms.

marygj
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:53 AM

PAJAMA party. I hate to dress up.. I want it to be a relaxed gathering. We have a big family. We have 3 parties around christmas. By the time it is our turn, everyone is worn out. Singing is a big part. My husband adds dancing instruction also. I think we will do boardgames this year. My in laws have games and lots of prices.

Fun! Fun! Fun!

Angellinda
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Since DH & I met on Christmas Eve. When he was 18 & I was16. We're still together.. He lost his Job & insurance in '09. I got Triple Negative Breast Cancer in  2010. There is no cure. We have Zero income!! But we Love to highly decorate. We love to have our Daughters & their family's & grandchildren over for Christmas Breakfast if I'm well or not. I don't know how this year will go.. We've run out of everything but Faith & Love!! I wish you all the Christmas Blessings you pray for !! Good Luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN