Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fall Fun Fall Fun

How do you entertain during the holidays?

Posted by   + Show Post

Entertaining for your family and friends during the holidays can be a bit stressful but it doesn't have to be. We gave 20 CafeMom members a $100 gift card and various Dixie Ultra products to use for their holiday entertaining. Whether it's an everyday meal or you're entertaining guests, new Dixie designs always make a good impression!

Tell us about your family. How do you entertain during the holidays?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 4:27 PM
Replies (11-20):
natesmom1228
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:27 AM

I would have loved to be chosen for this. Congrats to the ones who were chosen. I am looking forward to hearing the stories.

We love to entertain during the entire year, not just the holidays.

KristinRox
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:43 AM

We usually have an awesome gathering at Christmas. Santa comes, the kids open a little gift, and there is always lots of yummy food and drinks to share with everyone :0)

KristinRox
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:45 AM

This sounds like such a fun game! 

Quoting elwalters77:

Every year we host the Greed Game. Grown ups only. Everyone brings a tasty treat to share and several wrapped gifts.  The gifts are put into a pile on the floor and we all sit around them and roll dice. Each time you roll a 7 or 11 you get to take a gift. When they are all gone, everyone opens them and shows what they got. Now we set a timer and roll the dice again, but this time you know what the gifts are and you get to take them away from someone else. It gets crazy, but it's all in good fun and everyone has a blast!

JOIN US ON:

lalasmama2007
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:58 AM
We usually host Christmas dinner and a small New Years Eve party. This year we're hosting Thanksgiving too.
goddess99
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:19 AM

This would have been great to be apart of. I mostly just bake for family get togethers. They normally aren't at my home though.

Bmat
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Usually when I throw a party or meal for family, they all bring something.

jadeniki212
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:14 AM
My family is quite a large family so we try to get together as often as possible. We do thanksgiving dinners at my grandparents for they have the most space. And we also get together on Christmas also which is what my girls look forward to as for the have a large tree and everything's all nicely decorated...
RobynS
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:50 AM

We host Thanksgiving every other year. Pretty basic--lots of food. We do the meat and a few sides and a dessert. Everybody brings a dish.

I try to incorporate something more than just eating into the event--like games and such. But man! My family is just not into it. My parents are older and they're always "rush, rush, rush--gotta get home before dark." My sister and brother are both in retail, so sometimes they have to leave early to go to work. I WILL get someone to play with me this year!!! >:|  (that's my 'determined' face! LOL)

MichelleK41
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:56 AM

We have family over and cook, bake and just have fun together. =)

sukainah
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Great influencer!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)