Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fall Fun Fall Fun

How do you entertain during the holidays?

Posted by   + Show Post

Entertaining for your family and friends during the holidays can be a bit stressful but it doesn't have to be. We gave 20 CafeMom members a $100 gift card and various Dixie Ultra products to use for their holiday entertaining. Whether it's an everyday meal or you're entertaining guests, new Dixie designs always make a good impression!

Tell us about your family. How do you entertain during the holidays?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 4:27 PM
Replies (111-120):
keeckhardt
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:44 PM
We usually spend the major holidays at my mom or MILs. As a daycare provider, sometimes you just need a day with fewer dishes. Dixie to the rescue!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HappyLavender
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:57 AM
We had to abruptly move this year...long story...and we ended up in an apartment to small for our family but we are making it work. The move has had some positive changes, including our kids having lots of friends near by. I love when they hang around and "chill out". I came home with a truck full of our weekly groceries the other day and was please toy surprised that without being asked the whole group of them that were hanging out at my apartment helped bring in the groceries...my truck was unloaded in no time! It wasn't the first time...they had once before, but I am pretty sure it won't be the last.
I love my kids (I have 5 :) and I will do anything for them!! I think it would be nice to throw a Christmas party for them and their friends...With any luck it will happen :) Things haven't been perfect and all my kids don't have great luck socially, but I would like to show them kindness at Christmas...to invite all the neighborhood kids...even the ones they don't get along with.
I know this is kind of random but I really love Christmas time, I just really hate how commercial it has become...

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday Season!!! And hope you enjoy the happiness of a Christmas miracle...
batjmom
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:18 AM

I host on Christmas.  I ususually do a tapas style to make it easy

batjmom
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:20 AM

We spend one day baking all day

tambrathegreat
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:19 PM

I hide from the third Thursday in November, until January second. 

sheila5745
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:39 AM

We love to entertain. I grew up with a tradition for Christmas Eve. We had all kinds of junk foods and opened 1 gift (always P.J's.) So I have continued that for 35 yrs. Since I got married, we have Christmas with the kids and grand kids, then we make a dish, pack up the families and head for the Medina Armory. We have around 125 to 150 family and friends. We have bounce houses set up for the kids. basket ball, air hockey. Santa stops by for 1 last time. We have a really cool way to do an adult game. this yr. the color is purple. My brother n law says noone can leave until all the food is gone. Not possible. With all the food, we could feed around 300 people.. Look forward to it every year.. yay traditions...

gmasboy
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I entertain a lot all thru the yr wither it's one of the Holidays or birthdays..
thru the Summer I am continuously having bbq's with friends and family ( at least 1 big bbq a month thru the Summer is about normal for us).
 Christmas is my Holiday on both sides of the family, I host 1-2 dinners.
This yr it's 2 with the first one being on the 15th and the second on the 22nd.
There are 2 different meals served and I do all of the cooking.After the gand all shows up, we chatter a bit then food... after eating and some drinks, games come out (board games, mind games...) then the Rock Band is set up and some of us hit the drums (and pretend to know what we are doing)..lol... then more food and drink and a lot of laughs...

We may host a New Yr's Eve gathering, but not sure as of yet and the nx lg party is our grandson's 12th bday in Jan. and that's a party of 13 boys (friends of gs) and all adult family and friends. Out of the whole yr, the only Holiday I do not host is Thanksgiving, but I think the time is coming soon that I will be past the Turkey from my MIL...

VonMarieD
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Im not much of an entertainer. Lol! I figure my five children are enough to entertain for now.
shilohkitten
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Yeah, we're not really into the whole "let's spend all our time cleaning our house so people can come over and eat free food that we slaved over and then make a giant mess that we get to clean up later" thing.

lukee
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:46 PM

lol well I do superficial cleaning before a party--but this year I have ladies group here next Thurs and then Christmas Eve is Open House--while I am not a Dixie recipient I will be using their plates for Christmas eve--its all appetizers , dips and sandwich makings along with whatever else--their plates hold a lot and with the raised edge the food stays on the plate when people juggle food and drinks and conversations along the way--I also use their bowls when we have sooper supper --I have many "real" bowls , plates etc but I have very zealous friends who feel compelled to help clean up--well dishwasher cannot handle all but it can do many of the serving dishes if it does nto have to do glasses or plates etc. I do not want my friends busting butt either--the night is my gift to them--with tons to eat and enough to drink

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)