Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fall Fun Fall Fun

How do you entertain during the holidays?

Posted by   + Show Post

Entertaining for your family and friends during the holidays can be a bit stressful but it doesn't have to be. We gave 20 CafeMom members a $100 gift card and various Dixie Ultra products to use for their holiday entertaining. Whether it's an everyday meal or you're entertaining guests, new Dixie designs always make a good impression!

Tell us about your family. How do you entertain during the holidays?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 4:27 PM
Replies (21-30):
sukainah
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM

How fun!

Quoting elwalters77:

Every year we host the Greed Game. Grown ups only. Everyone brings a tasty treat to share and several wrapped gifts.  The gifts are put into a pile on the floor and we all sit around them and roll dice. Each time you roll a 7 or 11 you get to take a gift. When they are all gone, everyone opens them and shows what they got. Now we set a timer and roll the dice again, but this time you know what the gifts are and you get to take them away from someone else. It gets crazy, but it's all in good fun and everyone has a blast!

Bmat
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I am cooking for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and I'll also have an informal party on New Years eve for whatever family wants to come.

KaylaMillar
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:13 PM
What a great influencer!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leelee1008
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:14 PM

We do not, but I really have always wanted to have a christmas party. When we get our own place, I am totally doing it.

Leelee1008
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I feel the same as you. we live with family and its close quaters. I really want to hold holidays at my own home, so when we get something bigger, Its totally on!

Quoting Albond86:

I love to cook and have family over for food and conversation! When I get a bigger house I will be doing family thanksgivings and Christmas! I can't wait! I've had family (imitate) up to my house for a few holidays, it's just fun to be around them! We are traveling home for the holidays this year and my father has asked me to coordinate Christmas with my step mom! I can't wait!

Rushn311
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I host Easter and Xmas.

We host Xmas Eve. Family comes over around 3 or 4. We watch the kids play, chat, take pictures, eat a big dinner, open gifts and have dessert.

Easter didn't happen this year...Passover was too close to it and my brother and SIL decided to skip this year. We usually have an egg hunt, open baskets and have lunch.

Threes.Company
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:03 PM

We don't really do much of the entertaining.  We usually go to our family's homes.

slw123
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Paper plates are a must when a big group is involved  =)

PEEK05
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:44 PM

That is awesome.  My mom is usually the host to entertain during the holidays.

.Angelica.
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:56 PM

we usually don't have people over, our house is too small.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN