Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fall Fun Fall Fun

How do you entertain during the holidays?

Posted by   + Show Post

Entertaining for your family and friends during the holidays can be a bit stressful but it doesn't have to be. We gave 20 CafeMom members a $100 gift card and various Dixie Ultra products to use for their holiday entertaining. Whether it's an everyday meal or you're entertaining guests, new Dixie designs always make a good impression!

Tell us about your family. How do you entertain during the holidays?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 4:27 PM
Replies (31-40):
alliesmom112
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:02 PM

we do alot of traveling during the holidays because we live so far from family. We greatly appreciate our family who does do the entertaining 

countrygirlkat
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:44 PM

We don't usually entertain at our house over the holidays as we don't really have family that comes to us, we go to them usually.  We love the big family meals at both sets of parents' houses though!

Sisteract
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Large party before Christmas for my husband's family- about 50 people. This is a less formal dinner-

Sit down dinner for 12 for another major holiday- I have TGD this year.

gravercem
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:45 PM

We host all family doings at our house, from birthdays to the holidays. We normally use the good dishes and the kids get the job of washing everything, this year we will be using dixie products instead the kids are excited at not having to wash as many dishes! 

justme_onlyme7
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:40 PM

We have used Dixie products for years.  They are wonderful.  Much more sturdy than others paper products. Not quite sure yet what we're doing for Thanksgiving. Have to wait for this Fri. and see what my husband's work schedule will be.  Might have some family over in the evening.  Other wise, over the week-end. 

Kmakksmom
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:00 PM

We love to entertain during the holidays, but our family and friends keep moving away!  So we entertain ourselves.  7 people is a party any day of the week anyway :)

Bmat
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:27 PM

I set things up buffet style, and everyone brings something besides.

GwenMB
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:39 PM

We don't do much entertaining. I would use paper if we had more than about a half dozen over. Otherwise, I like regular dishes better - or my Christmas dishes if its December.

MamaMandee
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Almost all family parties are held at our house. Luckily Thanksgiving is on a small scale and only 1 of my DH's sisters & her family come. And for Christmas my MIL hosts at her house. Its really nice with everything else I have going on during the holidays. 

elasmimi
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:40 PM

I always do a big brunch on Christmas Eve, and sometimes an open house or just coffee and desserts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)