Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fall Fun Fall Fun

Do you decorate for winter and/or winter holidays?

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 8:05 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

I know a lot of people decorate for the big holidays like Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hannukah, but do you? Do you choose something more seasonal like snowflakes and other winter-themed decor and skip the holiday-specific items?

by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaTAF
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I decorate for Christmas and after that I will put up just my snowman things for Jan and Feb yes. I have some window clings of snowmen and sledriding and I have some partylite items that are snowflakes and snowman as well. But most of that goes up the 1st week of Jan when I take down my Christmas and stays up til march. Feb I mix in my Valentine's day stuff too.

I do have a couple of snowman Christmas items that go up earlier but just a few.

HiDi
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:26 PM

I attempt to decorate the month of November;before,Thanksgiving so after the day of Thanksgiving comes to a close.Viola, 'turn those holiday lights on and begin the fun!'. The decorations come down;before, New  Year's Day for all have had their fill of the woohooholiday decorations! It ti's a wonderful time of the year!

momofsixangels
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 6:22 AM

I decorate my kitchen with snowmen

MichelleK41
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 7:36 AM

We do a winter/Christmas theme.

LovingMommyh00d
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 7:39 AM
I decorate the weekend after thanksgiving for Christmas/ winter. Love decorating!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cafay
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 10:05 AM

i decorate for Christmas. I collect Santas,,so I do for sure for Christmas. But everything looks so dull in Jan, when those things come down that I put my snowmen and some snowflake stuff up then.

faeriemom1972
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 10:09 AM

I have a lot of snowmen, penguin and snowflake things that stay up after the Nativity scene comes down. Honestly, every year it gets harder and harder to stay out of my Christmas boxes until after Thanksgiving. 

SassyWildflower
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 1:03 PM

i decorate for both!

i love love love snowflake decorations. we're big fan of winter/christmas window clings.

we normally have our tree up by now but got a new one this year so were waiting to get our new ornaments for it...

i'm a huge penguin lover! they stay up all winter. i have many figurines, snowglobes, etc. of penguins.

sandbuster
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 3:25 PM

I go by "season" my door said "trick or treat" and had pumpkins on it until this past weekend. Now it has a candy corn "man" my son made because it looks Thanksgiving like.:O) I will probably be making snowflakes within the next two weeks. Our tree for Christmas will go up either Thanksgiving Day or that weekend depending on what we end up doing for the holiday.

geminitwiins
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 3:30 PM

I decorate for Christmas. And since we leave during the week of Christmas to go home to Oklahoma and don't get back til after the New Year I actually put my stuff up before Thanksgiving. It is suppose to be cold here this coming weekend, so I see this a great sign.

holding ornaments

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)